PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Director of Accounting is responsible for supporting the Chief Financial Officer and overseeing the accounting staff while carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department. Specific responsibilities include Financial Statement preparation and analysis, Budget and Variance issues, and Forecasting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manages the Accounting Staff including the hiring and training of staff
2. Maintain the Fixed Asset system including associated depreciation schedules.
3. Ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
4. Prepares all monthly General Journal entries, supporting accounting schedules and financial statements.
5. Track sales and commissions.
6. Work with Marketing Department to ensure new resident setup is accurate and timely
7. Coordinates year end activities including financial audits, audit schedules, 401K audite, cost reports,tax and informational returns.
8. Manage resident counsel account.
9. Directs all phases of monthly apartment and health center billing, including Medicare Part A & B triple check through claim submission
10. Oversees Accounts Payable and assists when necessary
11. Prepare mailings and priority shipments for the Finance/Accounting Department.
12. Prepares and maintains files as needed within the department.
13. Prepares/reviews monthly GL account reconciliations including reconciliation of all balance sheets on a regular basis
14. Responsible for management and preparation of the annual budget and process.
15. Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
16. Assists Accounting staff with payroll system and payroll related items.
17. Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database as needed.
18. Oversee management of petty cash account.
19. Serves as resource person for other department heads and executive director.
20. Assist the CFO in tracking and maintaining company insurance policies (except Employee Benefits, which are maintained by the HR Department).
21. Assist the CFO with facility support and security issues.
22. Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
23. Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as assigned by the CFO.
1. Runs necessary reports.
2. Maintains backup and support documents.
3. Files paperwork.
4. Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
5. Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times.
Edgewood is a Continuing Care Retirement Community offering independent living, health care and supportive services, which empowers residents to be the architects of their own well-being.
Role: Director of Accounting
Location: North Andover,
Apply for this job now.