Our client is looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Support Engineer to join their team in order to provide day-to-day support including moves and changes, change requests, administration, and systems maintenance to provide the required level of service to external customers and business users.
You will work with IT Management to develop and enhance the IT service delivery to improve and enhance the use, efficiency, and quality of the Company's systems and act as a key point of contact for both employees and any external service providers for on-going issue coordination.
The role will be hybrid working - 2 days a week from home, the remainder on site.
Skills / Attributes Required
• Minimum two years of IT support experience within a Financial Services / Banking environment.
• Possess a strong background in banking with analytical and IT skills.
• Experience of providing infrastructure support.
• Experience of researching and deploying secure configurations.
• Experience of using a structured approach to incident and change management of critical business systems.
• Experience of working in a team that delivers high availability service.
• Excellent communication and team working skills.
• Focuses efforts and prioritises work to deliver business value.
• Overcomes obstacles and adapts approach to achieve outstanding results.
• Actively seeks out know-how and best practice, related to own area of contribution.
• Demonstrates shared commitment to team success.
• Promotes open and effective communication.
• Understanding of processes and procedures including end of day routines.
Skills / Attributes Desired
• Familiar with the support of critical business systems infrastructure, network, and applications.
• Familiar with TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, and SIP protocols.
• Knowledge of telecommunications, including LAN/WAN, routers, data communications, connectivity, and IP telephony.
• Experience of managing Microsoft 365 tenant configuration.
• Ability to perform on premises Active Directory administration including the management of group policies.
• Willingness to learn and broaden experience..