LSI is seeking a VAVE Engineer to play a critical, leading role in the development of commercial lighting products that will directly impact the growth and performance of our company. In this role, the VAVE Engineer will drive cost-out programs centered about commercial lighting products.
The VAVE Engineer will have strong and effective communications skills to coordinate with cross-functional teams to meet aggressive performance, cost and schedule goals. These communication skills will be critical when interacting with cross functional teams and reporting out to management.
The VAVE Engineer will be participating in a fast-paced lighting fixture development cycle to solve unique lighting industry challenges to achieve accelerated cost reductions of both new and existing product designs, while also conforming to all regulatory requirements. This position will have project leadership responsibilities, and as necessary, interface with other personnel in engineering, product management, sourcing, finance, suppliers, operations and others when additional support is needed.
This position will report to the Engineering Manager and will routinely interact with cross-functional stakeholders including Design Engineering, Product Management, Operations, Finance and Sourcing to identify product needs and demonstrate compliance to project deliverables. Experience with product development in a LEAN process driven environment is a plus. The VAVE Engineer must possess the ability to manage projects effectively, demonstrate self-directed leadership, and a willingness to interact as a team is required.
- Lead and execute Cost Out projects and/or Value Analysis-Value Engineering Projects (VA/VE). Increase value through cost elimination.
- Identify waste opportunities across the Value Stream: suppliers / materials, logistics, product, mfg. process, expenses / supplies, services and others.
- Proficiently use tools such as: LEAN, 6Sigma to identify, manage and complete projects. Effectively communicates to stakeholders the projects progression. Work with project stakeholders to ensure that final product design meets all photometric, aesthetic, optical, UL, electrical, mechanical, cost and safety requirements
- Drive projects that result in product and productivity cost improvements by utilizing VA/VE (Value Analysis / Value Engineering) methodologies, which focus on improving both existing product lines and new designs as a control for escalating material and labor costs, or improving product margins, while maintaining product integrity. Product focus is on the development of electrical devices and associated electro-mechanical components.
- Work with the Plant/Department managers to develop and support the Cost out Strategy for the sites (Profit Plan / Strat. Plan).
- Using a basic financial knowledge, participate in budgeting and ROI analysis generation.
- Identify, support and execute Plant and Product Management cost out activities/Projects.
- Provide Engineering design support for productivity improvement projects through effective participation on cross-functional VAVE teams
- Lead Engineering efforts on critical direct material cost-out projects, including idea development, prototype, project execution, and plant/business system implementation.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical)
- 3-5+ Years working in similar positions
- Experience with LED lighting fixtures a plus
- Proficiency with CAD (Inventor, Pro/E, Solidworks, etc)
- Organizational and planning skills
- Experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of circuits, power supplies and LED's
- Experience with UL certification process and applicable safety standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills using standard business software (including MS Office programs)
LSI Industries Inc. is a premier provider of industrial and commercial lighting and graphics products. Headquartered in Blue Ash, a northeast suburb of Cincinnati, we have been named one of Forbes Magazines Best 200 U.S. Small Companies five times since becoming a public company. For additional details about our organization, we encourage you to visit us on the web at # and click on "About Us".
Leadership. Strength. Innovation. Those are the key values behind the smart vision upon which LSI Industries Inc. was founded when established in 1976. Today LSI demonstrates this in our dedication to advancing technology throughout all aspects of our business. We are a vertically integrated manufacturer who combines integrated technology, design and manufacturing to produce the most efficient, high quality products possible. Everything we build is done right here in one of our US plants.
We are committed to advancing solid-state technology to make affordable, high performance, energy efficient lighting and custom graphic products that bring value to our customers. We have a vast offering of innovative solutions for virtually any lighting or graphics application. Further, we can provide design support, engineering, installation and project management for custom graphics rollout programs for today as retail environment.
Role: VAVE Engineer
Apply for this job now.