COMPANY: E FINANCIAL CAREERS - UK
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: Competitive Salary + excellent bonus opportunities.
My client’s investments Technology department are expanding the Architecture team to support sustained growth of Front Office IT and to collaborate with senior leaders, business and technology partners to design a state-of-the-art platform on which to gain further market share.
A new Architecture function is being created to establish the target state architecture for the platform across all asset-classes and capabilities whilst being aligned to enterprise, business, technology and architecture goals.
Within this new function, we are looking for an experienced Architect to extend the teams capability in London to work closely with international business and technology partners.
Role summary and job responsibilities:
- Practicing accountability for work of self and sometimes others, provides process and standards advice in area of specialization.
- Understanding and advocating EA principles and articulating value proposition of architecture to technology partners.
- Managing and continuously improving the design and implementation of architecture processes and artefacts.
- Ensuring our firm's projects engage architecture early and often on architecturally significant projects.
- Reviewing key design decisions with departmental architecture review boards.
- Ensuring decisions around architecture are made and deviations from standards are properly identified, addressed, and communicated.
- Participating and leading reviews of projects that are in flight. Works closely with technical leads of projects contributing solutions to the project's most challenging problems and able to be hands on as needed.
- Ensuring that all individual solution architecture artefacts and changes are documented as per process standards and stored in the companies EA Library to facilitate compliance, organization, and access.
- Coordinating with other enterprise architects as necessary for solution architecture.
- Taking control of complex or vague problems and steps through them in a rational way.
- Balancing tactical vs. strategic trade-offs when making decisions or proposing solutions.
- Flexibility in your thinking; you excel at providing solutions when additional information or ideas are presented.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- identifying when junior engineers need help and providing support in a positive way that promotes confidence.
- Dedicated to helping team members/makes suggestions to improve practices.
- Leading a small team on a specific project or task.
- You are able to work directly with business partners.
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility.
- You can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions.
- Engages in identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions.
- ln-depth technical knowledge and expertise.
- You are up-to-speed with industry trends and technologies with the ability to comprehend their functions and capabilities and how to apply them appropriately.
- Understands common architecture frameworks and models.
- Understands, and is able to apply, meta-models, taxonomies, and ontologies.