Job Description Job Code: Z30
Title: Senior or Journeyman, Propulsion EngineerJob Location:
Fort Walton Beach, Florida (Eglin AFB)Paragon has an exciting opportunity for a Journeyman/Sr., Propulsion Engineer
supporting the Armament Systems Development Division, AFLCMC/EBZ
, Eglin AFB FL,
which is part of the AF Armament Directorate.
This Division has responsibility for developing concepts, demonstrating prototypes, and analyzing mission effectiveness to address capability gaps. Job Responsibilities:Duties include:
- Provide resources with knowledge and experience in the design and development of propulsion systems for rockets and air-breathing guided weapon systems that includes the application of thermodynamics, aerodynamics, gas dynamics, structures, and pressure vessels, and materials and propellant chemistry, ranging from subsonic to hypersonic technologies.
- Knowledge and experience shall include the air inlet and exhaust systems, engine mounting systems, fuel types, fuel delivery systems, and engine driven mechanical components as well as familiarity with manufacturing and test methods required for development and production of propulsion systems.
- Responsible for propulsion concept designs and evaluation of environment design criteria, Open Architecture ICD development, Test planning and coordination with developmental test organizations, and planning and executing weapons performance requirements analysis and documenting results of subsystem and system cost-capability studies
- US Citizen
- Top Secret clearance(Updated within six years)
- Senior – MS in Engineering + 15 years relevant experience, or Ph.D. in Engineering +5 years relevant experience
- Journeyman – BS in Engineering +5 years of relevant experience, or MS in Engineering +3 years relevant experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of company and customer staff and management
- Travel is very infrequent (< 5 days per month), normally with at least 14-days advanced notice
- Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
- Ability to work flexible and varied hours
Paragon Solutions, Inc., provides technical and management consulting services to public sector clients. Our strengths are in Acquisition Management, Cybersecurity and System Engineering. We have developed an outstanding reputation for technical expertise and customer satisfaction. Paragon routinely leads teams of Government, Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) and contractor personnel in formulating strategies, plans and requirements documents.Role: Propulsion Engineer - DoD Job Type: Location: Eglin Air Force Base, Apply for this job now.