Graduate Teaching Assistant
Secondary School in South Manchester
September 2021 start date
Full time/ Part time roles available
Initial temporary position- if interested could continue for longer position
Are you an aspiring individual with a degree who is looking to gain paid experience working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant?
Are you a recent Graduate in or around Manchester?
Are you currently undertaking a PGCE course or plan to start one?
We are looking for Graduates who are motivated to make a difference, who will work effectively with experienced departments and teachers to raise engagement, attainment and understanding across all abilities and key stages.
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to provide classroom, 1-1 and small group support, with strong potential to gain experience helping teachers with planning, preparation, classroom management and tracking student progress.
Working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant is a great way to gain insight and experience ahead of your future career, whilst also filling an important role boosting pupils understanding and engagement through classroom support and intervention.
- Open minded and confident Graduate
- Delivering pre-prepared lessons and the associated work
- Behavioural management of pupils
- Supervising work and adhering to school policies
- Dealing with immediate problems and emergencies according to school policies and procedures
- Collecting completed work and returning to appropriate teacher
- Competitive rates of pay and invaluable experience in return
- Educated to degree level- Graduate
- Experience teaching, tutoring or coaching children would be beneficial
- Enthusiastic, confident, energetic and resilient attitude
- Accessibility to Manchester (helped by the School's terrific transport links)
Positions available in Primary Education.
For more information, please contact me on #removed# or alternatively email a recent copy of your CV to #removed#