Behaviour Support Specialist
Teaching Personnel are working closely with a number of schools in East Lancashire who are currently seeking Behaviour Mentors and Teaching Assistants to work on a 1:1 basis both inside and outside of the classroom with children who present challenging behaviour across both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who are able to work on a 1:1 basis with pupils who struggle slightly more in their studies. The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Confident to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Previous experience managing challenging behaviour and work with disengaged students.
- Maths and English skills, so that you can effectively support students with Functional Skills Maths and English.
- Willing to support in both practical and classroom-based workshops.
- Confident to report to the class teacher and SENCO on a daily basis so that progress of the students can be monitored and assessed.
To be successfully considered for this role you will need to be someone who is outgoing, resilient and calm natured to help engage these students and effectively manage any challenging behaviour that may arise. The successful candidate will be expected to have difficult conversations with the students when necessary and work in a small groups or 1:1 setting. Although this role may be challenging, it is incredibly rewarding, and we are hoping to appoint someone who is able to form a strong relationships with these pupils and build a great rapport.
Candidates who typically work well in this kind of role may have the following experience:
- Youth/Community work experience
- SEN experience
- Residential support/care worker
- Sports coaching
- Team Teach
- Youth Offending Services
- Challenging behaviour within family
- Teaching/Learning support Assistance
Think you are right for this role?
Simply apply now by emailing an up-to-date CV to #removed# with a short statement on your suitability for the role. Or register online at https://register.teachingpersonnel.com/ and I will be in touch within 2 working days.