JOB TYPE: PERMANENT, Full Time
SALARY: 16354.117 - 16360.130
You'll be joining our team at an exciting time where we're transforming how we do work to an Agile, customer centric approach, offering an excellent opportunity to bring creativity and innovation to the table. You'll be able to craft the way we deploy and run services using state of the art technology.
Want to know more?
The products and services we build for our customers are high quality, safe and reliable and must remain so into the future. Our Service Engineers are key to mentoring our agile labs to think forward and design for stability, reliability and recoverability from the outset to embed a Service-First culture.
A challenging but rewarding role, you'll join a service team who live and breathe service and champion the availability of service for our customers and colleagues.
So what would you be doing for us?
- You'll be part of a specialist technical team, working cross-functionally across all Service areas.
- You'll own the recovery of IT service impacting incidents, minimising impact to our customers and colleagues.
- You'll drive effective Root Cause analysis on service related issues, identifying trends and ensuring that all insights are addressed quickly and effectively.
- You'll promote great thinking about service at each stage of the agile delivery lifecycle - promoting service principles, disciplines, standards and processes within the engineering labs.
- You'll take responsibility for building a proactive risk management culture, identifying and calling out threats, embedding controls, and where possible, helping to implement remediating actions and ensuring a continuous improvement mind-set.
As a Service engineer you'll apply exemplary service engineering practices and skills in a collaborative and agile environment.
- You'll have a strong desire to serve customers and ensure that functionality of software operates to meet their needs
- You'll have excellent communication skills and experience of collaborative and agile working, and you'll be adept at building productive relationships at all levels to gain consensus to service.
- You'll be comfortable challenging stakeholders - saying "No," but also explaining why in terms they understand.
- You'll be able to tackle complex problems, while considering the balance between impact, risk and mitigation.
What we need from you:
- You'll have proven capability across the full range of operational service management disciplines (Incident, Problem, Change and Risk Management).
- You'll have knowledge of Service Introduction processes, their implementation and how to apply them in an Agile environment to land change safely and smoothly.
- You'll have strong knowledge of the software development life-cycle from design, build to production including working with third parties and partner teams
- You'll have confident decision-making abilities when faced with complex demands and issues that can, and will, arise throughout delivery of services.
- 'On call' working out of core business hours on a rota basis will be required.
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Capability:
You'll have a strong understanding of the tasks required to build, configure & deploy Windows Server based systems :
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012
- MS IIS/SQL
- AD/LDS / Active Directory
- Networking (TCP/IP,DNS, DHCP, Routing etc).
- Connect Direct, MQ
- Miscellaneous third party tools.
- IBM HTTP Server
- Certificates and Encryption Standards
- Monitoring Solutions (e.g. HPdiags)
- Firewalls & Load Balancers
- Deployment toolsets
- Diagnostic toolsets
- You'll have a proven track-record of identifying and driving-through service improvements across complex IT landscapes.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, and with Cloud based solutions, would be advantageous.
If this is you, we'd love to hear from you. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits (see below), personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
So what can we offer you in return?
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% base salary which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll contribute up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
We are an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation....Role: Service Engineer - Wintel Job Type: PERMANENT, Full TimeLocation: Edinburgh, Apply for this job now.