Company: ASTREA ACADEMY TRUST
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £18,698 - £18,887 per annum
Teaching Assistant - Cottenham Village College - Cambridgeshire
Cottenham Village College has an exciting opportunity for Level 1 Teaching Assistants to join their team on either a fixed term contract for the academic year or as a potential permanent role!
As our Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role within the SEND department ensuring that effective support is provided to students. The SEND department is made up of the Student Learning Centre and the Hearing Support Centre and provides a holistic approach that delivers a safe and welcoming environment where students are supported in reaching their academic and social goals. We have an inclusive ethos with high expectations, targets and systems for early identification of barriers to learning and participation. We believe that educational inclusion is about equal opportunities for all learners whatever their age, gender, ethnicity, impairment, attainment and background and we ensure that all children are included in both curricular and extra-curricular activities including educational trips and visits. Teaching Assistants may specialise in different subject areas and additional needs as well as providing support in the following areas:
- cognition and learning
- communication and Interaction
- social, mental and emotional health
- sensory and/or physical needs
We are looking for individuals who have:
- have good interpersonal skills
- be a good communicator
- be confident and enjoy working with young people
- feel comfortable in a classroom environment
- have the ability to deal calmly and sensitively with students
- have specialism, knowledge or experience of working with young people with ASD or SEMH
- confidence in the use of ICT to support teaching and departmental administration, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- at least GCSE Level with excellent standards of Maths and English
Cottenham Village College is a successful school, situated close to the beautiful city of Cambridge, where you will find dedicated, well-behaved pupils and friendly, supportive staff who are committed to comprehensive education. We believe that truly great evidence-informed teaching, delivering an ambitious curriculum for all, is key to improving students’ outcomes. Come and join us!
Astrea Academy Trust are fully committed to being diverse and inclusive workforce where together we can embrace each other’s unique individuality, background and heritage. We are a 'Disability Confident Employer’ and all our application forms hide your personal information so we can focus solely on your experience, skills and qualities.
We believe that by reflecting and representing the communities and people we serve, we will better and further the life chances of our pupils.
In return, we can offer you:
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from your first day
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Continued professional development and training opportunities
- Free on-site parking
Interested in applying?
If this is something you’re interested in, looking for a new challenge, have a passion for education or maybe all of the above, take a look at the Applicant Brief