Our client an innovative diagnostics company is currently looking for a production technician to join their team.
To carry out a range of standard laboratory activities, such as housekeeping duties, and provides technical support to scientific staff. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a practical technical understanding and will be comfortable to ask questions and consults senior staff members for clarification when uncertain.
- Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment • Ensure laboratory is well stocked and resourced.
- Perform laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific staff investigations.
- Perform basic chemical calculations (diluting, calculating DNA copy number, preparing solutions to specific molarity/concentration)
- Assist in the manufacture of reagents for internal R&D purposes.
- Assist in the manufacture of reagents for pilot trials.
- Aliquot key reagents and chemicals for the scientific staff.
- Ensure accurate, concise and up-to-date records of experimental data are maintained in laboratory notebook.
- Has good practical skills with the ability to develop technical knowledge.
- Is familiar with essential safety and hygiene requirements of particular work area.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate with other technical staff.
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and immediate contacts.