Heath Consultants Incorporated continues to grow!
We are a third generation, family-owned company, that provides a variety of products and services for the utility protection, asset management and damage prevention markets.
Founded in 1933, Heath Consultants Incorporated is a certified is certified as a women’s business enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest third-party certifier of the businesses owned and operated by women in the U.S.
Our vision is to be the safest services and technology leader for the gas industry infrastructure asset management and provide select related products to other utilities.
As a part of our safety culture we preform Drug Test, Motor Vehicle and Criminal history background checks.
Join us and become part of a dynamic team committed to make the communities we serve a safer place.
Field Technician, Leak Surveyor
Reports to: Crew Leader, Project Manager
Responsible for: Position is not responsible for any supervision of other staff members.
Any other key relationships:
Conduct leak survey inspections on designated natural gas systems. Provide top quality service to meet client’s compliance requirements by locating, detecting and evaluating gas leaks. Completing paperwork on gas leaks and daily production.
Key Responsibilities and Critical Success Measures
§ Learn the requirements for various types of surveys as noted in the Field Manual.
§ Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the utilities industries' purpose and function.
§ Practice the theory, operation and maintenance of all equipment used in performing job functions.
§ Serve the customer, and exceed their expectations, as they are our priority.
§ Ensure that all jobs are completed in a safe and efficient manner, according to agreements and client specifications.
§ Adhere to all quality control measures and safety measures.
§ Maintain the corporate service standards and specifications.
§ Establish a positive rapport and work relationship with all clients and co-workers in order to present clientele and promote new business.
§ Operate company vehicles and equipment in a safe and conscientious manner.
§ Comprehend and comply with all safety policies and procedures of the company first.
§ Accurately and neatly complete daily paperwork including leak reports, address lists, timesheets, and any other documentation required by Heath and our client company.
§ Use provided instruments and training to accurately detect, classify, and document natural gas leakage from client company distribution piping system in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
§ Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor, which may include but not limited to clerical functions, vehicle, equipment, maintenance, etc.
Time Management/ Manages time
· Uses his or her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates his or her efforts on the most important priorities; adeptly handles several tasks at once.
Integrity and Trust/ Trustworthy
· Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
Action Oriented/ Takes Initiative
· Performs work with energy and drive; values planning, but will take quick, decisive action when an opportunity presents itself.
Decision quality and problem solving/ Demonstrates good judgment
· Uses analysis, wisdom, experience, and logical methods to make good decisions and solve difficult problems with effective solutions; appropriately incorporates multiple inputs to establish shared ownership and effective action.
Functional/Technical Skills/ Technically competent
· Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skills to do his or her job at a high level of accomplishment; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
Priority setting/ Focused on priorities
· Spends his or her time and the time of others on what's important; focuses on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
Personal learning and development/ Develops self
· Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve himself or herself; recognizes the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior; actively seeks feedback.
Planning/ Plans work
· Accurately determines the length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets clear, realistic, and measurable goals; sets priorities and time parameters to accomplish tasks and projects; anticipates roadblocks and develops contingencies to redirect tasks so momentum is not lost.
Customer Focus/Customer Centric
· Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
Drive for results/Achiever
· Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
§ High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
§ Minimum of 0-1 year of utilities industry experience preferred.
§ Proficient in Microsoft Office. Word, excel and power point.
§ Safety is our number one priority
§ Communicate openly and honestly
§ Approach all that we do with a sense of urgency
§ Always do the right thing
§ Treat others as you wish to be treated
§ Strive for excellence in everything we do
§ Provide an environment that nurtures growth and enjoyment
§ Working in residential and remote areas as designated by client.
§ This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
§ Once an indication of a leak is found, a 10-15 lb. plunger bar is used to punch holes in the ground so that an instrument probe can be inserted into the ground to measure the concentration of natural gas as part of the investigation procedure. The plunger bar is similar to a fence post driver.
§ Walking between 3 to 7 miles per day on varying types of terrain in all types of weather.
§ Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected
Our employees are our most valued asset, which is why Heath Consultants is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that delivers real value to you and your family. As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for the following benefits to help you stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance:
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Accident & Critical Illness
Life Assistance Program
Paid Time Off (PTO)
10 Company Paid Holidays
In addition to these traditional benefits, this position is also eligible for:
· Company Vehicle & Cellphone
Heath Consultants Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Heath partners with well recognized Research & Development organizations as well as industry trade associations to provide state-of-the-art products, equipment and services to various utility markets including gas, electric, and water. We are a manufacturer and consulting firm that provides a variety of products and services for the utility protection, asset management and damage prevention markets. Our core focus is on the utilities of electric, water, and gas (including propane and natural gas), and others. Heath Consultants Incorporated was founded in 1933 with an initial focus on leak detection for the natural gas industry. The engineering & marketing experts on our research and development team keep up with ever-changing market demands to provide state-of-the-art services and products to each of our customers.
Role: Gas Leak Survey Technician
Apply for this job now.