About this position:
- Job Title: Security Specialist
- Department: Operations
- Location (City/State): Seattle, WA
- Employment Type: Full time
Security Industry Specialists, Inc. (SIS) provides security solutions to some of the most recognized companies and brands in the world. We deliver services that consistently exceed those of our peers. We accomplish this through innovation, constant process improvement, and an uncompromising commitment to hiring, retaining, and rewarding the best talent available.
The purpose of this position is to patrol an assigned zone by foot, enforce client policy and regulations, and investigate all facility related incidents. Ensure that the client, its associates, and facility personnel are provided with a safe and professional working environment. The Security Specialist reports to the Security Supervisor.
In this role, you will:
- Need to have excellent customer service skills!
- Patrol assigned post on foot to maintain visibility and observe possible unusual activity
- Investigate and report maintenance and safety conditions which might endanger client, its associates or public safety, including fires, evacuations, hazardous situations, or other facility related events; provide back up to client personnel as needed
- Ensure that daily administrative documentation is kept concise and complete at all times; maintain all daily assigned equipment in functional and presentable condition
- Respond to all requests for assistance relayed by Supervisor or client; complete various company or client assignments as required; submit reports to superior officer
- Investigate security related accidents/incidents, interview witnesses, complaints, and victims; responsible for gathering physical evidence and preserving it for future use; complete report and follow up with management as needed
- Be responsible for ensuring that all employees, suppliers, and visitors on company property have proper company issued identification
- Ensure that the client, its associates, and facility personnel are provided with a safe and professional work environment
- Have responsibilities which include: crowd control and assisting Police Department/Fire Department/EMS or other officials during these processes; maintain control at traffic accidents, assist victims, and investigate causes
- Complete and maintain state Guard Certification as prescribed by WA state law, as well as all client requested certifications; all documentation and fees are the responsibility of the employee unless otherwise noted
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a High school diploma (or GED)
- Have a minimum 1-2 years of customer service experience, security and/or military experience preferred
- Have good interpersonal skills and a professional attitude
- Maintain uniform attire and grooming standards while in uniform
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, skills, and standards required to perform essential job functions.
What we can offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Paid Time Off including Sick/Safe Time
- A dynamic and challenging work environment with opportunity for growth
- ORCA Card for eligible employees
- SIS is an equal opportunity employer
- Private Security Guard Company #729
- Private Investigative Agency #1760
Security Industry Specialists, Inc. provides unique security solutions to some of the most successful names in business. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, designer brands, international events, celebrities, and high-profile executives.
Role: Security Specialist - Full Time $17/HR
Apply for this job now.