At Maverik, the Lead Cashier (Lead Adventure Guide) assists the Store Director in maximizing sales and net profit through effective management, operational, and financial methods. The Lead Cashier assists in training and certification of all store employees. Provide prompt, efficient, effective and courteous quality service to the customer, as well as maintain the conditions of the store during the work shift up to the quality and safety standards set by the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to perform all duties of the store job functions
• Assist with the supervision and training of employees
• Provide professional leadership and experienced guidance to store employees
• Promote excellent service; resolve customer complaints in a timely and professional manner
• Ensure merchandise is available, stocked and attractively displayed, including pricing merchandise
• Expected to spend time carrying out routine duties, including customer checkout, food preparation, cleaning, ordering, stocking, etc.
• Complete general reporting and bookkeeping responsibilities as required.
• Ability to create work schedule for store employees, ensuring that scheduled hours are within Company guidelines and work ratio
• Order/receive gasoline and in-store merchandise
• Post advertising materials
• Prepare food service product assortment and stocking food display items; maintain self-serve offerings (including, but not limited to the coffee dispensers, fountain machine and condiment center)
• Follow and enforce city, county, state, and federal laws affecting store operations
• Must be able to stand and/or walk for entire shift
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
• The list of Essential Job Duties is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job
• Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed at any time
Maverik was founded by Reuel Call in Afton, Wyo., in 1928, and has grown to over 315 stores in 12 states to become the largest independent convenience store chain in the Inter-mountain West. Maverik currently employs 3,700 Adventure Guides and has aggressive growth plans, including expansion into markets west of the Mississippi. As Adventure’s First Stop, Maverik lives up to its purpose to build the coolest convenience-experience on the planet.
Role: Lead Cashier
Apply for this job now.