Company: MUSTARD SEED HEALTH FOOD MARKET, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
We are Akron's original healthy restaurant that features all natural and organic ingredients, made fresh to order and served with a smile! Our forward-thinking menu offers a wide variety of Gluten Free friendly, Hormone and Antibiotic free Meats, Vegetarian, Vegan and Allergen-Friendly cuisine inspired from around the world. All of our food meets our Golden Standards. We take great pride in creating amazing food that tastes delicious and is healthy for you and your family!
A Line Cook prepares food using recipes and menu items created by the Director of Culinary and helps keep the kitchen running smoothly.
- Assisting with stocking and setting up the kitchen stations
- Preparing food including cleaning and cutting the ingredients and cooking main dishes, desserts, appetizers and snacks
- Plating prepared foods based on Culinary Team Leader guidance
- Working with service associates to ensure that orders are completed according to request and on time
- Washing and cleaning the kitchen and cooking utensils and storing the equipment at the end of shifts
- Ensuring that the kitchen operation procedures and hygiene meet food safety standards and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
(E) High school education or equivalent
(D) Degree from a post secondary culinary arts training program
(D) Previous Line Cook experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Written & Verbal skills