Construction Management firm seeking Assistant Superintendents:
The Assistant Superintendent works closely with the Lead Superintendent on direction and control of field forces (both Moriarty employees and subcontractors) to ensure that the project is built according to plan, specification, schedule, and quality. Work will be performed both in office and on jobsite.
The best candidates will have the ability to read and interpret plans & drawings, write reports & procedure manuals, and effectively present information. Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist field personnel in their site specific responsibilities.
- Assist field personnel in quality control inspections and documentation.
- Perform construction material takeoffs and make estimates for future needs.
- Understand company / project safety plan.
- Assist with administration of subcontractor safety training and compliance.
- Review and coordinate subcontractor deliverables for project execution.
- Review RFI’s and other reports for trends and common problems.
- Assist in processing submittals.
- Monitor subcontractor activities to assure compliance to contract documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Construction or relevant subject.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of building codes.
- Eligible for CPR & First Aid Certification.
- OSHA certified / eligible.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in construction industry.
Founded in Boston in 1985, John Moriarty & Associates has grown to become one of the most respected construction management firms in the industry. JMA has developed a construction process that is responsive and detail-oriented, and combines proactive and aggressive preconstruction strategies during the design process with a hands-on approach for the duration of the project. Five regional locations offer preconstruction consulting, construction management, and general construction for new buildings, building additions, renovations, and the fit-out of interior spaces. JMA’s work is 100% negotiated, and is most often completed for repeat clients. In today’s competitive business climate, we still believe in the value of keeping our word - this translates into meeting deadlines, maintaining budgets and delivering quality construction.
Role: Assistant Superintendent
Apply for this job now.