Company: PRO UNLIMITED @ FACEBOOK
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
At Facebook AR/VR, we are inventing the future. We are looking for a motivated mixed-methods (qual + quant) UX researcher with excellent communication and people skills. Strong candidates will demonstrate a rigorous approach to UX research methods as well as have experience developing solution concepts and shipping consumer products.
#removed# UX Researcher IIIYou will work with other UX researchers as well as multi-disciplinary hardware and software teams to push the boundaries of what is possible in the AR/VR product and research science spaces. Ultimately, your expertise and ingenuity in research must do more than just contribute to knowledge - you must also be skilled at driving measurable positive impact on the product and user experience.
- Able to drive impact through a range of research approaches and tools, including literature review, qualitative methods (observation, contextual inquiry, interview), usability, experimentation, & survey research.
- Experience leveraging hardware prototypes and sensors to collect user data related to human perception, human performance etc.
- Able to work closely with other UX researchers to help design research plans and specific studies, as well as communicate findings with stakeholders and drive impact of the work.
- Able to work independently executing research, including data collection, data analysis, reporting, shareouts, and knowledge consolidation.
- Able to coordinate with teammates and run multiple studies in parallel
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional partners (e.g., industrial design, UX design, hardware & software engineering, PM) to ensure our research accounts for their needs and creates a complete picture of the user experience.
- 5+ years of experience in product UX research
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Experience in one or more phases of the product lifecycle, from early generative research - to concept evaluation - to ship - to in-market UX research
- Passion for consumer technology
- Experience shipping consumer hardware and wearable technologies
- Experience working with design teams
- Work experience in the AR/VR space or other emerging technologies
- Strong skills in qualitative research and analysis
- Experience with Matlab, Python, R is a plus
- MA/MS or PhD in Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors, or a related field
Powered by JazzHR