Job Summary- Responsible for performing diversified duties related to exchanging molds in injection molding machines in a proper, timely and safe manner.
- Proper procedures of mold installations
- Cleanliness of the mold’s parting line, including cavity/core inserts and part chute or conveyer belt after mold installation is necessary production practice.
- Cleaning and protecting mold’s parting line including all cavity and core components, as well lubrication of leader pins, bushings and other moving parts before mold removal.
- Cleaning and protecting against rust with light oil of mold base and machine platens when required. Work to maintain a clean and safe work place.
- Mold insert change over if necessary
- Has to be familiar with all types of injection machine controllers
- Clean up after all mold installations and returning removed mold to their proper location if necessary
- Communicating all mold/machine issues or damage before installing/removing to assistant supervisor, supervisor or engineering
- Care of supplied tools and must report any missing or broken tools
- Backup to assistant supervisor position with ability to start up injection machine
Processing Technician - Responsible for performing highly diversified duties related to the establishment and maintenance of mold related processes. This will include but not limited to determining an injection molding and related process for the purpose of manufacturing product in the most cost effective methods.
- Work with engineering on the designs of new molds.
- Performing mold trials, samplings and pilot runs.
- Establish and document injection molding process for new molds
- Establish and document all Scientific Molding opportunities
- Provide feedback to engineering on new tooling performance and conditions
- Establish labor requirements for new molds
- Make recommendations for automation and auxiliary equipment to lower labor costs
- Maintain machine specifications data on public drive
- Maintain files on all scientific molding processes
- Provide leadership and training for all LMT molding applications
- Work with production managers and plant manager in all plants to conduct performance evaluations from a processing perspective for all supervisors using LMT skill set training matrix.
- Must have a working knowledge of mold storage and handling and injection molding equipment.
- Must be able to use micrometers and calipers and other inspection devices
- Must work safe and use all safety precautions
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Licenses, Certifications, Etc.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Must be an accomplished set up person as well as formal processing training.
- Must understand and demonstrate all safety requirements for the use and handling of molds and equipment.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds with heavier weight necessary at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Role: Set Up Technician (Plastic Injection Molding)
Apply for this job now.