Our Coppell area client company is searching for an IT Systems Engineer to take ownership and maintain their computing environment and ensure high availability, stable operation, and optimal performance of all IT assets including new and existing LAN/WAN, server hardware and software, as well as voice and data equipment and communication links. The successful candidate will plan, install, secure, upgrade, monitor, design, and implement computer and network systems; troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions; work as first line back up and provide daily escalation support for all PC and end user help desk issues, utilizing ticketing system for tracking and documentation; and provide superior customer service and technical support to internal staff.
Must be proficient with:
- Switch and router configuration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Setting up site to site SSL VPN connections, firewall rules, and policies.
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016, including Active Directory, Group Policy Management, and File share services.
- Building and right-sizing VMs according to Application requirements.
- Backup and Restore procedures.
- Designing, planning, and deploying Disaster Recovery center.
- Maintaining and monitoring network performance, including performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems, and escalating problems to vendor.
- iSCSI SAN management and SAN to SAN replication.
- VMware ESXi, HA, VCSA, and vROPS.
- Managed Wireless network, Wireless security, Channel management, and Radio interference.
- Securing network by managing and developing network access, monitoring, control, subscribing to tech blogs, and maintaining documentation.
- Monitoring software such as PRTG and SolarWinds.
Will have experience with:
- MS Dynamics CRM.
- Configuring and maintaining SharePoint.
- Script writing (PowerShell or Python).
- MOM, SCCM or SCOM. Rapid Recovery backup software.
To be considered, candidates must be able to work nights and weekends as needed to resolve problems including on call duties shared in a small team environment. Must also be able to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship or visa transfer.
This is a permanent, direct-hire opportunity with a starting base salary from $85-100K, +/-, DOE, plus an excellent full benefits package. If interested, please email a resume in MS Word format to #removed#, and then call Steve Palmer at (214) 515-7615 for immediate consideration!
Role: I/T SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Apply for this job now.