Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This position is responsible for building, grooming, and maintaining Terrain Park features. Operate grooming equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Groom, rebuild, and pack trails to the desired specification in coordination with the Mountain Operations to provide a consistent quality surface for the guests.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in building, grooming, and maintaining terrain park features.
- General knowledge of terrain, features, and winter slope maintenance.
- Ability to be insured to operate company vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Ability to deal w/ problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Communication skills, including basic writing ability, and clarity in radio usage.
- Experience operating heavy equipment and snow grooming equipment.
- Able to be insured to drive company owned vehicles
- Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
- Operate snow grooming equipment in a safe and efficient manner in coordination with the Mountain Operations.
- Build, groom, and maintain Terrain Park features.
- Groom and maintain the ski runs and lift ramps.
- Maintain snow grooming equipment and perform minor equipment maintenance and repairs; assist with major equipment maintenance as needed.
- Perform daily pre-checks of snow cat and grooming equipment prior to operating.
- Complete all daily operational reports pertaining to grooming conditions, assignments, and projects.
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment.
- Support all department and company policies and procedures, mission, vision, and values.
OTHER: Perform additional tasks as requested by the General Manager and other Director Team members.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and operate heavy machinery for extended periods of time. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, and grip. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, walk and stand, operate tools and equipment, and carry personal supplies. The employee may regularly lift up to 75 pounds alone and may occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus. A vision of 20 feet or more and depth perception is necessary. The noise level in the working environment is usually loud; the employee is regularly exposed to high volume of power tools and machinery. The employee may be exposed to working near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and regular exposure to inclement weather and mountain environmental conditions for extended periods of time.
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. #removed#
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 179307