Our client is seeking an Assistant Controller to become an integral part of their team! You will oversee financial activities and personnel as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
- Oversee and coordinate all financial activities and personnel
- Set controls and budgets to mitigate risk and increase return on investments
- Standardize and maintain a system of accounting records and techniques
- Conduct internal audits to assess financial status
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Serve as primary contact for external auditors
- Previous experience in accounting management or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this is a must
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong MRI software experience
- Strong current property accounting experience
- CLASS A COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
A UNIQUE COMPANY FOR A UNIQUE REGION
Around the world, the San Francisco Bay region is renowned for its beauty, innovation, and diversity. Since 1977, we have helped to shape that image with real estate development and property management that is as unique as the region we serve. Our philosophy is to ensure the health of our assets – physically, aesthetically and financially – through a balanced
Approach, with an eye to our children’s children. Our commercial developments mirror the driving forces behind the economic growth of the Bay Area, with space for life sciences, high technology, industrial and retail tenants. Our residential properties include everything from urban live-work spaces for creative professionals to upscale homes in prestigious mountain communities. Today, our real estate portfolio encompasses more than four million square feet of space located in multi-tenant, mixed-use campuses. Award-winning architecture, spectacular landscaping, tenant-friendly amenities, and superb property management are hallmarks of our projects.
ECONOMIC VITALITY FOR THE LONG TERM
We are committed to the long-term economic and environmental vitality of the communities where we do business. During the planning process, we work closely with city and state agencies to ensure that each project provides maximum benefit to its surrounding community. And, unlike many developers who build projects only to sell them, we retain ownership of the majority of our developments, many of which have come to define the thriving technology corridor between the Bay and Richmond-San Rafael bridges. Our vision encompasses the spark and promise of small companies on the verge of growth, and large corporations whose fortunes span the globe. We are proud of our associations with all of our tenants, and feel deeply privileged to play a role in their success.
GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITIES
As a community developer, we have been giving back to the communities in which we develop for the past 40 years. It is a privilege to contribute to many worthwhile organizations who continue to make strides locally, nationally and internationally to protect the planet and to help where help is needed.
We provide staffing solutions for our CPA firm internally at MGO, for our clients in private industry, and for numerous other CPA firms around the country. While we have strong technical expertise recruiting for tax, audit and advisory positions within public accounting, we also recruit for accounting and finance, administrative, IT, marketing, operations and other roles in a wide variety of industries and the government sector.
Role: assistant controller
Location: San Rafael,
Apply for this job now.