Cakebread Cellars, the family owned and operated premium winery is currently looking for an experienced and talented Assistant Visitor Center Manager. This leadership position assists in supervising and working collaboratively with visitor center staff to oversee day-to-day operations of the visitor center. Responsibilities include supervising visitor center team, overseeing retail sales, appointments, tastings, wine club areas, and overall guest experience which includes scheduling, inventory, opening and closing, customer service, reporting, and facility presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervises and motivates VC staff to achieve a high level of customer service, sales, and productivity.
2. Assists with and coordinates daily team meetings to ensure the highest quality of communication and coordination of tasks and projects.
3. Oversees and supervises the appointments desk, sales desk, and the club ensuring activities are occurring at the expected times.
4. Helps create and maintains weekly and daily schedule for staff, ensuring adequate staffing levels; takes into account seasonality and inter-department needs; updates shared staffing calendar to ensure good communication flow. Ensures that daily tasks including sales, tours, tastings, special projects, opening and closing procedures, and time cards are covered.
5. Ensures staff functions as a mutually supportive team with positive morale and high job satisfaction, fostering an atmosphere that encourages group and individual development; conducts spot checks of the tastings, appointments, and club areas throughout the shift ensuring that Cakebread Cellars standards are being adhered to.
6. Aids in the design and delivery of training and development for the VC staff through daily, weekly and monthly training. Reviews and makes suggestions to service standards and other procedures.
7. Performs new-hire training and writes and administers performance evaluations in a timely fashion for VC staff members; ensures all O3’s are being completed on a weekly basis, with a particular emphasis on forging meaningful work relationships with the staff.
8. Interacts with visitors and functions as customer service representative, ensuring exceptional customer service to all.
9. Opens and closes winery, including arming/disarming of alarms, doors, lights.
10. Provides collateral quantity needs to ensure materials are always available(tasting leaflets, wine club brochures, or PIF’s).
11. Uses proficient knowledge of AMS for report writing on sales, inventory, customer management, order inquiries, as well as customer sales, changes to POS, and appointment system.
12. Ensures all equipment and systems (registers, radios, etc.) are functioning properly and efficiently at all times, and works with appropriate people to resolve equipment related issues.
13. Greets and presents appointment options to visitors upon arrival to winery, as appropriate.
14. Designs, trains, and conducts tastings for VC staff on elements of our first greeting and pour, procedures for tasting of all wines with visitors, and imparts to our visitors and employees knowledge and history surrounding Cakebread Cellars, our wines and our wine making processes.
15. Addresses and resolves customer concerns and communicates to VC Manager any customer service issues requiring further attention.
• College degree and experience in visitor center management
• One to three years of proven effective supervisory experience in visitor center management
• Two years of staff scheduling experience and scheduling tours and tastings by appointment
• Two years of winery tour guide experience
• Knowledge and passion of wines and wine production
• Ability to perform advanced math and counting
• Advanced knowledge of databases (AMS), MS Office, specifically Excel and Access, and experience with inventory reports
• Possess the initiative to develop and follow through with ideas, plans and promotions
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Ability to interpret reports and provide information for sales forecasts
• Ability to manage, schedule and coordinate activities with other departments to meet customer needs and manage priorities and workflow
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Commitment to being a team player
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Positive role model and ambassador for Cakebread Cellars in the wine industry community
• Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate a team
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Advanced cash register and computer skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends (weekends required)
Position is full time, includes exceptional benefits package, and bonus opportunity. If you are looking to grow and expand your leadership potential with an ultra premium family owned brand committed to employee development, Cakebread Cellars is the team you want to be part of.
Cakebread Cellars is a family owned and operated Rutherford-based Napa Valley premium winery. Cakebread Cellars farms 560 acres of Napa Valley and Anderson Valley vineyards, reaching across several premier California appellations. We practice organic and sustainable farming, which is vital to our high quality winemaking practices.
Role: Assistant Visitor Center Manager
Apply for this job now.