Hemo bioscience is a small biotechnology company based close to RTP has an opening for a Manufacturing Technologist I to work in our laboratory and assist with manufacturing activities. The Manufacturing Technologist I personnel participate in all non-analytical activities related to the manufacturing of Hemo bioscience products. This position is responsible for following standard operating procedures, best laboratory practices, current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and current good documentation practices (cGDP) to ensure products are manufactured and systems are maintained to meet internal and customer specifications.
· Follows SOPs, best laboratory practices, current good manufacturing practices and current good documentation practices to ensure products are manufactured to meet specifications.
· Participates in all non-analytical aspects of the manufacturing process from receipt of raw material to release of finished product. Activities include, but are not limited to:
o Product label generation and printing
o Product labeling and packaging
o Product filling and capping
o Lab inventory and cleaning
o Temperature monitoring of refrigerated systems
o Equipment maintenance, non-technical
o Specimen processing, non-analytical
o Solutions preparation, non-analytical
o Product manufacture, non-analytical
· Responsible for documentation of all manufacturing related activities.
· Provides suggestions for better production and staff performance.
· Assists management for various production related duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Minimum Associates degree in a life science field or 2 years experience in a cGMP or laboratory environment
· Bachelor’s degree in a life science field preferred
· MT(ASCP) certification desirable, but not required
Candidates with a blood bank background or experience will be favored.
Ability to closely follow procedures and write reports clearly and concisely with good organizational skills. Close attention to detail. Knowledge of MS office programs.
Hemo bioscience, an established and growing biotechnology company headquartered in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina, develops and manufactures immunohematology reagents and related products for the world wide transfusion diagnostics market. Our customers include industry partners, reference laboratories, buying groups, hospital blood banks, and donor centers. Hemo bioscience's in-house research, development and manufacturing activities are led by blood bank trained scientists who are committed to improving the science of transfusion technology.
When life depends on reliable results, you can rely on Hemo bioscience - "The science in blood banking"
Role: Manufacturing technologist I
Apply for this job now.