HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Viaport LLC located in Rotterdam/Schenectady NY area is seeking a Human Resources Manager role to join our organization. In this Human Resources Manager role, you will be responsible for the development of HR policies and procedures, HR compliance, employee relations, talent acquisition, benefit, and compensation plan coordination management and HR administration.
To be successful in this Human Resources Manager role, you must have strong communication skills, excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel, strong organization and problem-solving skills.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Manager looking to work for a growing organization. Viaport is the home to Via Aquarium, Via Entertainment, and Viaport Mall.
- Stay current with State and Federal HR laws and maintain compliance with each.
- Onboard all new employees, such as new employee orientation, explanation of benefits, explanation of company policies, practices and procedures.
- Support employees with any questions and needs regarding company policies, benefits, compensation, etc.
- Manage employee relations issues and conduct investigations in support of corporate ethics and values.
- Supports planning and coordinating employee recognition/relations program.
- The development of personnel policies and procedures and the development and maintaining of an employee handbook.
- Creation of new employee job descriptions and maintain current job descriptions.
- Direct all HR communications efforts.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” values of the organization.
- Investigates employee complaints, discrimination charges and the resolution of employee issues.
- Monitors all Leave of Absence, disability and FMLA requests.
- Serves as the HR contact for Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Give guidance and interpretation of HR policies, processes, and procedures.
- Performs other HR duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Knowledge of employment law.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Experience in a retail environment desired but not a must.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and outgoing personality.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in a Human Resource role.
This position is a full-time position, salaried-exempt.
Salary commensurates with experience.
Via Port is a real estate development company specializing in the design and construction of commercial, residential and hotel property. Via Port is a subsidiary of a family-owned company named Bayraktar Construction established in 1953 in Ankara, Turkey, a top player in commercial real estate development and construction. Via Port’s parent company has executed some of Turkey’s most successful and award-winning projects. Recently, the company adopted the name Via Properties under the management of Mr. Coşkun Bayraktar, who since 2008 has lead its operations in real estate management, tourism, retail shopping mall management, health-care organization management, energy and construction sectors.
Mr. Bayraktar’s vision included the United State of America where he established Via Port to introduce the high-quality projects of Via Properties to the USA. The quality of the projects results from a combination of professional work and successful process management while embracing the vision of “the right project in right place at the right time.” Via Port recently purchased two malls in the USA with the vision to transform existing underperforming properties into Via Port projects, which will be leaders in the entertainment experience and performance as real estate investments in their regions.
Role: Human Resources Manager
Apply for this job now.