Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with publicly traded Pharmaceutical Company based in Waltham, MA to identify a Senior Revenue Accounting Manager. This is a newly created position that is open due to the build-out of the Finance team to support the commercial launch of their first drug in Q4 of 2018.
Highlights of the Senior Revenue Accounting Manager Opportunity:
- Our client is gearing up for the commercial launch of their first drug. They have filed the NDA and are expecting FDA approval no later than the beginning of this October.
- The company has substantially built their overall infrastructure to support the commercial launch.
- This is a highly visible role that will serve as a key partner to the commercial and accounting/finance leadership teams. The position will be responsible for establishing revenue recognition policies and procedures, managing all aspects of revenue recognition, including gross-to-net calculations/results, customer contract review and accounting assessment, and monthly and quarterly close.
- This is a great opportunity to join the company pre-commercial launch where you will play a major role in the creation of the function. There is a lot of latitude in the development of the position. This role has the opportunity to delve into FP&A and will work closely with the VP on research and implementation of new accounting standards outside of Revenue.
- This role reports into the VP of Technical Accounting and External Reporting. She is a personal friend of mine and I have worked with her in a client capacity for the past 10 years. Her staff has always enjoyed working with/for her. She is very down-to-earth, supportive of her staff and their career aspirations, and is not a micromanager. She understands life outside of work.
Responsibilities of the Senior Revenue Accounting Manager include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the company’s revenue subject matter expert
- Establish and document standard operating procedures and policies
- Own the monthly revenue close process, including the maintenance and preparation of monthly gross-to-net accruals and management reporting
- Support the Finance Department with analyses required to develop gross-to-net assumptions
- Participate in monthly meetings with to sign off on final net sales
- Review customer contracts and document accounting positions within well-supported technical accounting memos
- Establish working relationships with the company’s Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Finance, Accounting and Supply Chain teams
- Perform analysis of internal and external data sets to assist in strategic decision making by internal stakeholders
- Oversee government price reporting and rebate reimbursement payment requests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA or Master’s Degree in Business is preferred
- Pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience required.
- Must have experience with Revenue Recognition in a pharmaceutical company.
- Solid understanding and application of U.S. GAAP and internal control compliance requirements
CFS is a leading, employee-owned accounting and financial staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting & finance professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management.
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies.”
Role: Senior Manager/Associate Director of Revenue Accounting - Pharma
Apply for this job now.