Company: HEINZERLING COMMUNITY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Would you like the opportunity to do your best work in a community that provides compassionate, respectful care to children and adults with developmental disabilities? We are the Heinzerling Community, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor. We invite you to join our team!
Heinzerling Community is a private, non-profit Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) that provides residential care for children and adults with severe or profound developmental disabilities. We have two large facilities and two community homes all on one campus in Southwest Columbus.
The Maintenance Supervisor position is responsible for supervising and overseeing activities of maintenance workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and maintaining grounds.
Requires High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least three years of supervisory and maintenance related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires a valid driver's license.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Supervises maintenance staff engaged in various types of maintenance projects, including painting, performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical work
- Oversees preventive maintenance of all facility systems to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Supervises maintenance staff engaged in ground maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and standards
- Develops and studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments
- Ensures company policies and safety regulations are communicated and followed
- Reviews and follows up on facility work orders
- Interviews, trains and evaluates maintenance staff
- Reviews time records, implements, and documents corrective action when necessary