Senior DevOps Engineer
In 2019, the total number of IoT connected devices was 26 billion. By 2025, if projections are correct, the number of connected devices will surpass 75 billion.
The vast amounts of data these devices produce is worthless without detailed analysis. However, with an analytics solution in place, the data that organisations in a range of industries produce can be accurately collected, analysed and then stored.
This company provide a solution that can harness that huge amount of data. They build one of the worlds most advanced data analytics databases which is specifically designed for high performance queries on huge scale datasets. Their system can handle not just terabytes but petabytes of data and also with new secured investments for R&D, exabytes in the future.
Because of this new secured investment, they are looking to grow their DevOps capabilities.
You will be deploying large distributed cloud-based systems using infrastructure-as-code and container-based tech including Docker and Kubernetes.
You will work with a talented team of engineers alongside the wider engineering team building efficient environments to assemble, test and deploy their AWS based products.
To be successful in this role you should have some of the following skills:
- Held previous DevOps Engineer roles and have aspirations or previous experience in managing/leading teams.
- strong interest and knowledge in DevOps.
- CI/CD experience with relevant tools such as Jenkins.
- Cloud deployment experience ideally on the AWS platform however others considered.
- Scripting skills with Python
- Knowledge and use of container technologies with Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Infrastructure-as-code experience (Terraform/CloudFormation)
Why work here?
They are a highly collaborative mid-start up and offer wonderful benefits...
- Training and certifications paid for.
- Generous pension contribution.
- Stock options scheme upon joining.
- Premium life, medical and dental insurance.
- Great modern office and working environment.
- Remote working until March then likely to be a 60/40 split from home.
If you think you're the Engineer they're looking for, I'd be very keen to hear from you!
This vacancy is being managed on behalf of the employer by Edgar Cowen who are acting as a Recruitment Agency.
Please note: If you have not had a response from your application within 7 days, please assume your application is not being progressed.