Contract Manager Assistant
Location: Birmingham / Salary: up to £42,000 per Annum (4 weeks leave and pension)
12 Months PAYE Contract
An opportunity has arisen for a Contract Managers Assistant to come aboard and work on the HS2 project in Birmingham. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long term project to sink their teeth into.
Under the direction of the Senior Contracts Manager you will be assisting in the contract management of the PSC contracts, the tendering/procurement of further contractual deliverables as well as assisting the commercial management team with the associated post contract delivery of all contracts associated with Phase 2 delivery. This will include compiling of papers for various boards/panels and the compilation of monthly management reports
The contracts management Assistant, under the direction of the Head of Contract Management, senior contracts manager or other designated supervisor will be expected to assist with the following duties:
- Ensure that commissioned and delivered work represents value for money.
- Ensure that fair and effective commercial management processes are implemented and maintained during the entire project.
- Monitoring of overall project budget, pro-actively managing the changes on the project, and pro-actively manage/interface with the project risk register and contingency with the project delivery team.
- Developing a close working relationship with the Project Controls team to ensure that periodic reporting and presenting cost data and the accuracy of the periodic Cost for Work Done (COWD).
- Provide support to the Estimating team.
- Compliant implementation of final accounts settlements of the contract and support the commercial and delivery team with the project phase close out report.
- Ensuring that supplier deliverables are submitting within specified timeframes.
- Management of Technical Queries from suppliers.
- Management of Early Warnings from suppliers.
- Processing of Applications for Payment from suppliers.
- Management of Compensation Events, following corporate governance requirements.
- Administration of contractual meetings, including arrangements and accurate recording of meetings.
- Ensure the implementation of HS2 Policies pre and post contract commercial management processes and procedures aimed at maintaining effective budgetary control throughout the duration of the Phase 2 delivery programme.
- Adhere to HS2 commercial management policies and procedures that are appropriate to the work being delivered and the forms of contract being used.
- Assist with the delivery of ad hoc cost and contract advice when needed and maintain a close working relationship with all parties in the Phase 2b development team and throughout the entire HS2 programme.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Experience of assisting the Employer's Representative under the NEC3 form of contract and application of core processes relating to risk management.
- Experience of contract management of technical services contracts using the NEC3 form of contract and other forms.
- Strong analytical, commercial and negotiating skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled at implementing collaborative working in a multi-contract environment.
- Experience of applying incentive arrangements to enhance supplier performance; and
- Relevant professional qualification.
If you are interested in this new opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply and we will be in contact shortly or call me on 01895 671832.
We look forward to hearing from you.
PLEASE APPLY WITH AN UPDATED VERSION OF YOUR CV!
"VGC Personnel Ltd are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy"
Role: Contract Manager Assistant
Apply for this job now.