The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International is seeking an individual for the position of Senior Information Analyst. The APCO International’s Headquarters office is located in Daytona Beach, Florida with executive offices located in Alexandria, Virginia. The incumbent will reside in the Daytona Beach, FL location.
The incumbent will be responsible for analyzing data processing problems and provide solutions by programming software changes, implementing software upgrades or developing new programs. Responsibilities include programming in a SQL environment, MRS report writing, gathering and implementing analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, and data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, and development of requirements.
The incumbent will be tasked to:
· Develop and implement test plans/scenarios to ensure the successful delivery of a project
· Lend support to various business teams as necessary during design, development, and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions
· Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design/project.
· Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level
· Serve as project manager on technology projects that integrate with relational databases
· Maintain ongoing integration between netFORUM and other databases and web services including communications, communities and other interactive online platforms
· Manage and maintain APCOs database systems to include pro-active improvements to the operation, functionality, reporting capability, and ease of use
· Actively participate in technology initiatives, provide guidance for improving technology to advance APCOs mission, and work with outside consulting vendors to establish a strategic technology plan
· Optimize the use of the database across the organization by staying current on upcoming enhancements to functionality and guiding staff in the appropriate use of the existing functionality
· Provide support and training in the use of the application, including orientation for all new staff and specialized training in response to changing roles, business processes and database functionality
· Work with staff to provide advanced technical assistance to users and troubleshoot and resolve application and database related problems
· Manage the relationship with the software vendor’s support team, escalating issues that require immediate resolution and advocating for fixes/patches to the applications when appropriate
· Lead efforts to maintain the highest standards of data cleanliness and integrity
The successful candidate will need:
· Strong knowledge of principles and practices of technology
· Strong knowledge of project management techniques and principles
· Advanced computer literacy, with the ability to utilize software applications
· Excellent customer service techniques
· Effective communication in both verbal and written form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communication
· Experienced SQL and MRS programmer
- Experience with Community Brand's netFORUM is preferred
- PMP, BA, or SixSigma Green Belt preferred
Minimum requirements include:
· Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience in designing, developing and generating reports from a relational database application
· Three years’ experience leading teams as a project manager and/or a business analyst
· Solid understanding of the principles of database design, implementation, and business process workflow
· Effectively manage multiple priorities
· Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures
· Experience with requirements management and the use of case and modeling tools.
APCO International is the world’s oldest and largest organization of public safety communications professionals, with over 30,000 members. It serves the needs of public safety communications practitioners worldwide - and the welfare of the general public as a whole - by providing complete expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy, and outreach. APCO International is headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL, with an additional office in Alexandria, VA.
Role: Senior Information Analyst
Location: Daytona Beach,
Apply for this job now.