My law firm is looking for a paralegal/legal assistant. We have the good problem of being too busy and in need of help.
We handle a wide variety of cases. You will be exposed to both the everyday clerical and reception tasks as well as exciting client contact and litigation preparation. Every day is different and there will be fires to put out and issues to troubleshoot.
As stated, we are busy and at times fast-paced and you will be expected to hit the ground running. Past legal experience required. However, we are laid back, often informal, and will not micro-manage. Basically, we will have work for you to do and leave you alone to do it.
Organization, competence, independence, the ability to problem solve, maintain focus, attention to details, and multi-tasking abilities are a must. A thick skin and friendly personality are required due to the amount of client contact this position requires.
Primary responsibilities would include the following:
• Answering phone calls and maintaining positive relationships with clients.
• Communicating and corresponding with clients about case status and preparation.
• Organize files, request medical records, update damage reports.
• Assist with managing discovery.
• Manage attorney calendars.
• Prepare, draft, and send documents, court forms, and letters.
• Research and investigate pre-litigation issues and prepare memoranda.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player, willing to pitch in when necessary.
• Assist attorneys with trial preparation including: trial exhibits, charts, trial notebook, voir dire, jury instructions, verdict forms, subpoenas, etc.
If you have paralegal or legal assistant experience, please send a resume.
Role: Legal Assistant Paralegal
Apply for this job now.