Allied Consulting & Security Services is currently hiring an Operations Manager that is responsible for staffing, scheduling and training for all Security Professionals within assigned client sites in the Division or Branch for which the Operations Manager is responsible. Maintains regular communications with Security Professionals as well as clientele, resolving issues regarding such as morale or complaints. Manages overtime by effective scheduling and making timely, qualified hiring decisions. Takes prompt action to when complaints are received regarding employee performance or conduct, administers disciplinary and coaching actions, and initiates and executes routine termination actions. Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interviews and hires qualified applicants to fill open post positions in a proactive and timely manner, following company interviewing guidelines. Also, regularly evaluates low-performing employees for replacement, upgrade or transfer;
- Makes initial/conditional job offers (for new employees) and job transfers (for existing employees) using company forms and procedures; Maintains and publishes weekly Open Post List and actively manages job openings within division/branch;
- Conducts disciplinary and counseling sessions with Security Professionals as needed in a proactive and professional manner. Ensures all such issues are documented according to company standards, and that all issues receive proper follow up for resolution;
- Initiates termination procedures as needed for voluntary and involuntary separations. Executes termination meetings as necessary and complete all follow up documentation according to company standards;
- Maintains regular proactive contact with Security Professionals to ensure all staff is being effectively utilized, properly trained, and ready for placement as needed.
- Maintains high employee morale and low employee turnover through effective and proactive communications and timely problem resolution. Ensures all hiring, counseling, disciplinary and termination procedures are executed in a consistent manner;
- Ensures a smooth running operation by enforcing post specific policies and procedures through proper communication and training. May utilize field training staff to assist in executing post-specific training
- Maintains a well-organized, clean and effective working area, and ensure all daily, weekly and bi-weekly deadlines are consistently met.
- Prepares and runs all required reports as directed by managers, reviews such reports in a timely manner with management team, and takes appropriate action as necessary to address any report discrepancies or operational issues.
- Performs additional projects or tasks as may be directed by upper management members.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Prior security industry and/or military experience preferred. College degree or coursework desirable;
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of professional-level experience required, managing employees in a fast-paced, service organization. Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement, military and/or customer service highly desired. Experience in scheduling, operations and/or employee management in a service-related industry a significant plus;
- Must be able to secure a valid Guard License if required by the state in which you are applying.
- Require a current state driver’s license and have the ability to safely operate a vehicle; will be required to drive to client sites to address scheduling or employee issues on an as needed basis.
- Ability to write effective and concise reports and document investigations and counseling sessions. Must be able to effectively communicate coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions, as well as termination meetings in a professional manner in accordance with company standards;
- Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to successfully interact with all levels in the organization, including with Security Professionals, Vice Presidents and clients in a courteous and professional manner, while functioning as a team player. Must demonstrate an effective ability to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant;
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must demonstrate a high level of integrity, and apply rules, policies and employment actions in a consistent, fair and equitable manner in all situations;
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
ALLIED was established in 2010 to provide the personal attention and exceptional service our security clients demand. ALLIED is a full-service security firm with national capabilities through our subcontractors and affiliates to provide security & investigative services for a wide array of security clients. Our growth and success are the result of our commitment to providing consistent, high quality service and customer care. The key in the service industry is the responsiveness of the management team and the ability to rapidly mobilize and effectively respond to our clients’ requirements and needs.
Allied Consulting and Security Services
NV PILB 2050B
Role: Security Operations Manager
Apply for this job now.