Our client is a high growth renewable energy business in London who are seeking a candidate with strong financial modelling skills to join their London team as a Financial Modeller.
The role is part of the finance group and is responsible for the preparation, analysis and review of financial models required by the business to make informed decisions based on sound economic and financial analysis.
Key deliverables include the provision of robust project finance models for the purposes of investment decisions, corporate consolidated models for portfolio management, and the provision of relevant analysis for the Board and its shareholders.
The role will also play a critical part in supporting project and corporate finance activities, as well as to the Business Development team.
Support the Senior Financial Analyst in the production and maintenance of financial models relating to all business requirements including the corporate model and greenfield project models. Such models will be:
* auditable, fit for purpose, delivered on a timely basis, and include an outline of assumptions, economic outcomes and key sensitivities
* Define inputs and assumptions, including compilation of financial model databooks, to accurately reflect legal commercial agreements, requiring liaison with other project team members and subject matter experts (e. finance, corporate finance, legal, engineering, technical advisers, PR, HR, external advisors, operating subsidiaries etc. as appropriate)
* Provide analysis to support overall project review and approval processes, including identification of key risks and sensitivity analysis
* Regular updates of models for changes/actual performance for projects under construction and operational projects
* Maintain key data and information to support the business for areas of responsibility including:
o Sector and competitor fundamentals; ongoing analysis of electricity markets within our client's countries of operation (e. trends in demand, supply, regulation, competition, transactions etc)
o Financial and commodity data used as key inputs to project models
o Country evaluations
* Post-acquisition asset management support, including updated forecast financial models and budget support where required
* Assisting Senior Financial Analyst in preparation of Board papers and presentations
* Assisting Senior Financial Analyst with shareholder information requests and management of the platform model
* Ad hoc financial modelling / analysis as required
To be successful you will be an Excel expert and have previous hands on financial modelling experience. An understanding of complex project finance transactions is advantageous as is transaction experience ideally in the energy industry.