Seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of five years experience in mechanical systems design, primarily HVAC & Plumbing to become a part of our growing team.
The candidate will coordinate MEP work with architectural and other engineering disciplines, design & draft HVAC & Plumbing plans, perform load calculations, equipment selection and sizing and energy analysis, for residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- Manage the project development during the pre-design and design phases of the project, including meeting with clients and consultants, and managing all aspects of consultant contracts.
- Design & drafting of construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Sizing & selection of Mechanical/HVAC equipment, load calculations & Sizing & layout of ductwork & HVAC piping systems energy analysis.
- Development of Plumbing design documents (plans, riser diagrams, etc.)
- Calculation of water, gas, sanitary/sewer and storm loads for utility coordination.
- Function as the project manager on assigned projects.
- Provide coordination of project designs with other disciplines.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with NYC Energy code & ASHRAE standards.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with NYC building and mechanical code.
- Minimum 5+ years of MEP engineering design experience.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Able to work well with architects and contractors.
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Proficiency and effectiveness in written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in AutoCad.
- Proficiency in HVAC Load Calculating and Energy Modeling Software.
- Stable employment history with MEP firm.
Excellent position for an energetic, self-motivated candidate that can lead to career growth and engineering team leadership. PE license not required.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. The firm offers competitive salaries, pension plan, health insurance and paid vacation.
Role: Mechanical Engineer
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.