Company: NOVOME BIOTECHNOLOGIES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Research Associate, Strain Engineering
Novome is building genetically engineered microbial medicines (GEMMs) that perform defined activities in the human gut to treat chronic diseases. We have developed the first platform for controlled colonization of the gut with engineered therapeutic bacteria, and are applying this to multiple disease areas as well as expanding our platform capabilities. We are moving our lead program in secondary hyperoxaluria into Phase 1 clinical trials, and are actively progressing programs in IBS, IBD, and Immuno-oncology.
We are seeking Research Associates to join our dynamic strain engineering team and build bacteria with novel genetic pathways. Research Associates will be responsible for translating sophisticated DNA designs into therapeutic bacterial strains for further downstream testing in in vitro assays and in vivo models, utilizing our high-throughput, modular cloning pipeline. They will work on a highly collaborative team to most efficiently produce strains that address all therapeutic areas of interest at the company, as well as strains that contribute to expansion of our foundational platform technology. Research Associates will work alongside experts in synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, gut microbiota, and various disease areas in a collaborative, transparent environment.
- Executing protocols (e.g. DNA assembly, bacterial culturing) within our high throughput strain engineering pipeline to generate therapeutic bacterial prototypes
- Troubleshooting and assisting with protocol improvement, and proactively finding ways to increase efficiency and automate processes as applicable
- Performing in vitro assays on bacterial strains
- Collaborating with scientists across the company to execute experiments
- Performing laboratory support tasks such as media preparation and supply organization
- Prioritizing daily tasks to meet the needs of all team members, and effectively communicating progress and results in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in molecular biology, microbiology, bioengineering, biochemistry, or a related field
- 1+ year of proven research experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience with molecular cloning and bacterial culturing
- Exceptional attention to detail, high standards for the quality of their work
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and work independently
- Flexible team player
- Openness to giving and receiving critical feedback
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, experience with Python is a plus
To apply, please visit https://novomebiotechnologies.applytojob.com/apply/
Novome Biotechnologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR