Graduate Teaching Assistant - Stockton - On - Tees
Are you a recent graduate considering a career in education as a secondary school teacher?
If you are an aspiring graduate looking to gain school-based experience before commencing a teacher training programme Teaching Personnel can provide you with the opportunity to do just this. Teaching Personnel are currently supporting secondary schools with tailored support by providing aspiring graduates to work with students on a 1:1 and small group basis.
As a graduate future teacher, you will be supporting students with their English, Maths and Science in addition to supporting students with moderate learning difficulties in the areas of autism, ADHD, dyslexia and social emotional mental health.
The future teachers programme was created to address the current national shortage of teachers across the country giving graduates a clear pathway into a school direct teacher training programme or through the University PGCE route.
As a Graduate Future teacher, you will be placed in a school full time for a minimum of 1 term with a number of these positions being for the full academic year.
Highlights of the Future Teachers programme;
- Full time placement in one or more local secondary schools
- Gain first-hand experience before commencing a teacher training programme
- Supporting students aged 11-18 on a small group and 1:1 basis
- Weekly earning up to GBP350 per week
Essential criteria for the Future Teachers programme;
- University degree
- Ideally some form of school-based experience or experience working with young people
- Passion for education and developing others
- Work based/educational references
- Fully enhanced DBS certificate
To apply for the Graduate Teaching Assistant position you will need to upload your CV or send your CV to #removed#. For more information please contact the Teesside Secondary Branch on 0191 223 5074.