Establish and maintain an environment to support and strengthen our Staples brand. The store leader is responsible for creating a culture focused on the differentiated customer experience through building a best in class team and delivering profitable sales and margin.
Leadership, People Development, Customer Service, Operations, Results, Sales Management
- Model the way to establish and create a customer centric environment
- Proven track record of leading a team to strengthen and support our small business customer
- Teach and reinforce behaviors that result in managers and associates delivering exceptional sales & service results
- Experience working with a consultative selling environment that provides a total solution to all customers
- Experience leading a team committed to operational excellence to drive profitable YOY sales and margin
- Champion of Staples values; Own it, Say it like it is, Be Caring, keep it simple, and Work together
- Leadership: Lead a team of managers & associates focused primarily on the small business customer through teaching, coaching and inspiring. Fosters a sense of energy, ownership and personal commitment
- People Management: Pursue, attract, coach and retain talented candidates for key roles. Is responsible to ensure that the store culture embodies Staples values and is commitment to the community. Leveraging ideas and best practices from the team to ensure results
- Selling & Customer Service: Champions a consultative and customer centric environment. Coaches every manager & supervisor to create a culture of consultative selling and total solutions while focused on the customer’s needs. Holds services manager accountable for coaching and developing their team to deliver on the same model
- Store Operations/Results: Holds themselves and the team accountable for flawless execution of operational excellence. Driving profitable sales and margin while reducing variability and improving performance YoY
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Leadership: Inspire Passion, Develop team Capabilities, Influence others
- People Management: Build Relationships, Demonstrate adaptability, Value diversity and inclusion
- Selling & Customer Service: Focus on service, Foster open communication, Drive for results
- Store Operations/Results: Analysis, Planning, Financial Acumen
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year progressively responsible store management experience in a retail environment as a General or Store Manager
Preferred skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Three to five years progressively responsible store management experience in a retail environment
- Previous experience working within a small business network preferred
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
For the past 30 years, we have built a global reputation for our world-class retail, online, and delivery capabilities, which allow our customers to shop however and whenever they want – whether it’s in-store, online, or on mobile devices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for experienced and innovative Store Managers to work in our retail locations.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, plus plenty of room for professional development and advancement throughout the company. If this sounds like the kind of career move you’ve been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
Role: General Manager - Glenmont, NY
Apply for this job now.