Position: Finance and Purchasing Assistant
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 7EB
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 Depending on Qualifications and Experience
Benefits: Company Pension,25 days annual leave + bank holidays and other benefits see below.
Established since 1923 our client is a UK based, world-class manufacturer of high-performance pipe seals and gaskets for the pressurised and non-pressurised water industries. They are the preferred seal supplier to a number of leading global pipe manufacturers operating in the ductile iron, clay, plastic and concrete pipeline market sectors and have nearly a century of manufacturing experience.
Due to continued success the company is seeking to recruit a Finance and Purchasing Assistant to work under the close guidance of the Financial Controller, undertaking various accounting tasks to ensure the smooth running of the Accounts Department. Also to support the Purchasing Manager in the day to day tasks of purchasing by carrying out all administrative functions and data entry, general office administrative duties in support of the business. If you are looking to progress your career, this is the position for you.
- Undertake supplier statement reconciliations.
- Process and validate all purchase and supplier BP invoices.
- Create payment proposals.
- Verify various invoices prior to processing.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding payment chasing/queries.
- Liaise closely with Purchasing Department to ensure all supplier invoice queries are resolved in a timely manner to ensure no impact on manufacturing.
- Create and maintain supplier accounts ensuring that all supplier details are kept up to date.
- Work to the Order Placement Schedule, sending orders and enquiries to suppliers.
- Communicate issues to the team and administer system Purchase Order entry and adjustments.
- Manage orders and stock levels of ancillary products such as packaging.
- Liaise with Customer Services and Production to ensure delivery details and Out of Stock item information is kept up to date.
- Maintain system information such as product available dates and item status.
- Upload and maintain price files.
- Assist in supply planning.
- Process purchase invoices.
- Produce and maintain regular departmental reports. Be prepared to produce ad-hoc reports for departmental external use.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Customers and Commercial Account Managers.
- Distribute inward and outward post, maintaining the Company's Royal Mail Account.
- Scan documents onto the Sage archiving system.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate is likely to be Degree or AAT qualified and motivated to commence or already be taking examinations of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants or Chartered Institute of Certified Accountants.
- Have experience in planning and procurement.
- An 'enthusiastic 'can do' attitude with a strong attention to detail.
- High level processing skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team with excellent interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of financial workings.
- Strong keyboard skills especially in Excel/Word.
- Be self-motivated, disciplined and target orientated.
- Have a meticulous and methodical way of carrying out workload.
- Good attention to detail.