Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £20,048 per annum
Location: South Yorkshire
Pay: £20,048 per annum
Duration: Full-Time all year round, shift pattern mornings and/or afternoons
Reed - Further Education are seeking a Caretaker to help with cleaning facilities, doing general repairs, moving around classrooms and keeping the facilities up to standard.
What’s the day-to-day responsibilities of a Caretaker?
- To participate in a shift rota to ensure there is a caretaker presence on all campus’s whenever the College buildings are open and conduct procedure to open and maintain security of College premises, in addition to keeping premises and equipment secure during the day.
- To assist in maintaining the cleanliness of college buildings and grounds by the removal of refuse and emptying of bins.
- Promoting general health and safety by keeping corridors and fire exits clear at all times of any spills, trips or hazards as reported or noticed by yourself during your walks around campus grounds.
- Ensuring rooms are prepared for use, setting up rooms for curriculum areas or meeting rooms, assisting with staff room moves or re-arrangement of furniture
- Ensuring that goods / documents post and parcels are delivered quickly to the correct areas, college campus, externally or within College building, so that those departments can work effectively.
- Monitoring of contractors working on College premises
- Routine maintenance and repairs, where appropriate advising on suggested improvements to the general environment and to support risk assessments and pre planned maintenance programmes.
- To undertake planned preventable maintenance checks as directed
- Responding to College emergencies including duties of evacuating the buildings in the case of a fire / fire drill and directing emergency services as appropriate and responding to lift breakdowns as required to release trapped persons.
- Attending Group premises as agreed, and directed, to provide additional Caretaking resource.
What are the required skills and qualifications needed for this role?
- You’ll be highly flexible and able to respond to quick changes in demands upon you including responding to urgent jobs and supporting colleagues across the Facilities team.
- You will be expected to act with a degree of autonomy on a day to day basis, whilst reporting to Facilities Management Team. You will be able to priorities jobs from a helpdesk service to ensure customers’ needs are met in order of urgency and importance.
- You will maintain a professional appearance at all times (a College uniform will be provided) and you will deal with all customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- As well as undertaking the duties already described you must be able to use a PC, phone and radio system in order to respond to job requests, incidents and complete accurate records in respect of these
If you are ready for a career change, and a Caretaker is the next role for you, click 'Apply Now’, and register to Reed - Further Education. Alternatively, contact your local Reed - Further Education branch today, where we would love to hear from you and help you shape your next career step.
Reed - Further Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
We look forward to your application - Ashleigh King, Leeds