Accounts Payable ClerkCompensation:
$23.44 to $27.14 hourly
Robert Half is seeking an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk to join a team of highly skilled professionals in a stimulating work environment. In this position, you will be required to manage all general administrative needs of the AP/Finance Department. You will work closely and report to the Accounting Manager. The main responsibilities will include matching and batching code, resolving A/P issues, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L and processing checks are primary areas of focus. Quickly move up the career ladder on a thriving team by contacting us to learn more about this job opportunity. Based out of the Livermore, California area, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be a short-term contract / temporary opening.
What you get to do every day
- Validate, record and send checks, including expediting special handling
- Support the AP/Finance Department by completing administrative tasks
- Assist with internal and external audits as needed
- Sort, log, scan, and file invoices, checks, and other documents
- Open, sort, and distribute daily department mail
- Complete full-cycle A/P
- Execute daily processes and controls accurately and in a timely manner; ensuring compliance with company policies
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Assist internal business partners with any customer services needsJob Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Oracle experience
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
- Prior experience in an A/P role preferred
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.