Company: PIPING ROCK HEALTH PRODUCTS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The role of mechanic will work closely with other departments such as engineering, manufacturing, packaging and inspection to ensure that all SOPs, cGMPs and safe operations are followed at all times.
- Performs packaging line change over and packaging equipment set up, start up, trouble shooting, including vision system adjustments.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment and perform preventative maintenance as required, following and executing the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Installation of new machinery for start up
- Make any necessary mechanical adjustments to machines in production
- Installation & Commissioning of new Packaging lines as well as do modifications of the existing lines as needed.
- Repair of packaging equipment. This includes problem identification, referencing technical documentation, assessment of material requirements, requisition placement, and actual repair.
- Responsible for appropriate documentation and record keeping
- Provide guidance to machine operator staff
- Responsible for the use and replacement of change parts
- Provide clear descriptions of equipment issues to team members in a training manner to eliminate future occurrences.
- Complies with company policy, SOP, cGMP and OSHA requirements
- Reviews and follows safety procedures for all equipment.
- Maintains workplace organization and cleanliness practices
- High school diploma or G.E.D with at least three years of work experience in repairing manufacturing or packaging equipment
- Knowledge of electrical and pneumatic repairs
- PLC Knowledge a plus
- Ability to read blue prints
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work order to perform required maintenance and service
- Physically be able to bend, stoop and squat, stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs.
- Flexibility for overtime when needed
- Must be able to read/write English
- Must be familiar with Lock Out Tag Out procedures
- Ability to work autonomously and use resources available to complete tasks timely
Be at the forefront of the future of health and wellness, with the ability to work in a fast paced, family owned entrepreneurial environment where the work is meaningful, associates are valued, and you can grow your long term career. Joining Piping Rock means being part of a fast growing team where you can take ownership of your work and be a decision maker, where you are encouraged to work smarter, not harder, with the tools necessary to be successful. Join our team!
Piping Rock Health Products LLC is an equal opportunity employer
Piping Rock proudly offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision plans to all full-time associates. In addition, voluntary life insurance, flexible spending plans, and short-term disability plans may be optionally added. All full-time associates also receive group term life insurance and long term disability coverage. Associates are eligible to participate in a 401(k) savings plan with a generous company match.
Based in Ronkonkoma, N.Y., Piping Rock Health Products, LLC is a vertically integrated manufacturer, distributor and on-line retailer of high-quality vitamins, nutritional supplements, essential oils and related health care products. Backed by three generations and over 40 years of experience in the natural products industry, Piping Rock is a true industry pioneer.