Position title: Prevention Services Team Member
Reports to: Interim Operations Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The Prevention Services Team Member will facilitate the process of prevention while addressing the spectrum of behavioral health and alcohol and other drugs as identified in the mission, vision and values of the organization.
Essential Job Function:
- The Prevention Services Team Member will provide a full spectrum of prevention services
- Recruit and involve area youth and adults in positive prevention programming and activities
- Ensure the monitoring of client needs and behavior on an ongoing basis by effectively training, coaching and observing
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance to HIPAA and 42 CFR, Part 2 and other code of ethics related to behavioral health care
- Maintain professional communications by attending all required meetings, conference calls and responding to email, telephone or written communication in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation and dissemination of corporate documents to maintain compliance with CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) procedures and standards
- Monitor workload and systems, coordinating resources to optimize operation efficiencies and patient satisfaction
- Align internal resources to enhance patient care and patient experience (Medicaid enrollment)
- Foster collaborative relationships with community, county and state agencies
- Complete required reporting in a timely manner, including productivity reports and monthly operating review data
- Ability to work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be flexible to shift priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective interpersonal work relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward goals and objectives of agency priorities.
- Participate in the development of strategic plans to grow the UMADAOP agency and volume
- Ensure compliance of regulatory standards for internal policies
- Coordinates and ensures the Quality Assurance & Improvement/Peer Review process
- Follow up with referral sources, providers and other appropriate community members
- Advocate in community as directed for response to prevention needs/issues
- Keep current on best practices in the field
- Participate in Statewide community activities as requested
- Participate or develop a coalition for a Drug Free Community
- Complete prevention tickets as services are rendered.
All other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and OCPSA, OCPS or OCPC prevention certification with one year of experience in behavioral health/substance abuse
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Possess good decision-making skills
- Demonstrates strong attention to details
- Must have good oral and written skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain collaborations
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Culturally competent and communicates effectively across cultural boundaries
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including computer, calculator, copier and fax
- Additional requirements: If recovering, must have five years of abstinence/sobriety
Role: Prevention Services (Requires OCPSA, OCPS, or OCPC License)
Apply for this job now.