Costs Negotiator / Draftsperson - Manchester - complex costs - multi track
COSTS NEGOTIATOR - MANCHESTER
Costs Negotiator - A role has arisen within this growing defendant costs team for an experienced Cost Negotiator or Draftsperson to work closely with the Solicitor who handles complex costs-related matters including high-value birth injury cases and industrial disease files as well as serious and catastrophic injury RTA and EL/PL cases. Any experience in relation to large loss or catastrophic injury would be a major advantage.
- Job title: Costs Negotiator / Draftsperson
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
- Reports to: Head of Costs
- Previous Experience: Ideally, the team is looking for experienced costs negotiators particularly with catastrophic or large loss experience. Defendant experience would be preferable, but the department will actively consider those with a claimant background.
Our client is an established player in the insurance market acting for a raft of household name insurance companies as well as some self-insured companies. Due to the growth of the Costs team a role has arisen for a Costs Negotiator, preferably from a defendant insurance background.
This team only handles high-value, complex multi-track work. In particular, the Partner recruiting for this vacancy specialises in costs matters relating to defendant clinical negligence matters and other birth injury cases. The department also handles catastrophic RTA and EL/PL costs files.
Our client is looking to attract Costs Negotiators who are looking to really develop a long-term career in this area of law. In particular, candidates should be able to demonstrate experience of handling multi track costs cases. Furthermore, you should be able to:
- demonstrate an ability to run a small caseload of costs files unassisted;
- evidence the ability to lead as well as delegate effectively;
- demonstrate excellent negotiation skills;
- work efficiently in a target driven environment;
- possess strong attention to detail; and
- work effectively as part of a busy team.
Should your experience relate to lower value multi track matters or even fast track, then we would still be interested in hearing from you as our client has implemented a training scheme designed to develop fee earners technical ability.
OPPORTUNITY TO PROGRESS
This is an excellent chance for anyone to develop their Costs career particularly with reference to challenging and complex high-value work. The firm has a history of promoting talented fee earners through its ranks and this role offers the chance to learn new skills and become a key member in the team. The role offers a competitive salary and benefits package.