Machine Operator| Banbury | 40 hour working week | Night shift |Permanent
Starting hourly rate £12.53 per hour (£26,066 per annum)
Do you want to join an organisation that can offer you more than just a job? Are you looking to be part of an organisation with exciting growth plans?
We care about the development of our employees, which is why we have a structured career pathway to give employees the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills within the production area. Hourly pay will increase with skills up to £15.00 per hour (dependent on shift).
22:00 - 06:00 Sunday to Thursday
- Voluntary overtime available at premium rates.
- We will provide you with Uniform and PPE.
- Paid lunch break.
- Pension Scheme.
- Healthcare cash plan which includes cashback on key medical costs, such as dental etc.
- Employee Assistance Programme - available 24/7.
- Discounted rates at retail outlets.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Company Sick Scheme.
- 33 days holiday (including statutory entitlement).
- Death in service benefit x4 salary.
- Ongoing development and training.
Duties of a Machine Operator
- Demonstrate competence in timely machine setup, minimising down time and maximising efficiencies by working effectively as part of a team.
- Produce work of a high standard by adhering to quality standards to ensure that product is produced to agreed specifications.
- Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues to promote successful teamwork.
- Good literacy and numerical skills.
- Computer literate.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Have a positive attitude towards work.
VPK is an international packaging supplier with more than 6,400 employees in 70 locations across 20 countries. In the UK, we have six specialist sites producing high quality sustainable packaging from shelf ready to e-commerce products for our customers.
Here at Banbury we have high-tech production machinery which enables us to provide the high level of quality expected from our customers.
Our employees' passion for the job is our company's biggest asset, because we believe that true innovation always starts from within. The development and welfare of our employees is key to the ongoing success of our business.