Opportunity to join a growing Skagit County-based technology firm in a meaningful and impacting role as a Field Technician.
This is a position for a Tier 1-2 service desk technician and 3-5 years of professional experience is preferred. ***Beginners are discouraged from applying. Other careers at Allixo may be available, which you can find by browsing to: #.
This is a position that will primarily fill a need for on site I.T. staffing at several Allixo clients in the Skagit Valley area.
Be a hero on a daily basis, enabling the users we care for to leave their job on time and unfrustrated by the technology they use. Find yourself analyzing simple to complex computer and network problems and working to resolve them in a timely and efficient manner.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & DESIRED OUTCOMES
- Excellent end user support experiences and positive customer satisfaction scoring
- Efficient handling of work delegated to you via measured key performance indicators
- Regular contributions to making yourself, your team, and Allixo better at what we do for our customers
- Working on service requests (tickets).
- Provide on site I.T. Staffing for several Allixo clients.
- Completing various other tasks as assigned by Service Manager.
- In all areas, providing excellent customer service.
GENERAL EXPECTED QUALITIES
- Enjoy learning new things.
- Be comfortable spending a large amount of time at client offices.
- Be organized.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Enjoy working with people (introverted types be warned).
- Enjoy working with technology.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent ‘Google Fu’.
- Possess ability to prioritize.
- Possess attention to detail.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and client first attitude.
- Mastery of workstation computer support:
- Hardware troubleshooting.
- Virus and malware removal.
- Windows OS installation.
- Windows OS troubleshooting.
- General application troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Office troubleshooting.
- Windows printing.
- Proficiency with Windows Server support:
- Active Directory
- DHCP, DNS
- File System Security & Management
- Proficiency with networking
- Firewall management
- Managed wireless systems
- Switch management
- Proficiency with Hypervisors, including Hyper-V and Vmware
- Proficiency with Office 365 and Google Apps.
- Proficiency in creating and updating technical documentation.
- Proficiency with VoIP phone systems.
- Aptitude with IT ticketing systems (Connectwise experience is a plus)
- At least Comptia A+ certification or equivalent strongly encouraged.
- Aptitude with new technologies as they are presented.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and sit/stand for long periods of time. This job requires the applicant be able to work in an office environment where fine motor skills and attention to detail are needed.
- Strong proficiency in end-customer communication skills, including organizing and efficiently conducting phone, remote, and in-person meetings; strong listening and clarity skills; strong and clear correspondence style; tracking and clearly reporting progress; raising and addressing issues appropriately.
- Enthusiastically accountable and able to help others to be the same, and recognize and address deviation from it.
- Ability to recognize presumptions, prerequisites, risks, and blocking issues when they occur in specifications and execution, and escalate or mediate them appropriately.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, PERKS
- Wage compensation will be competitive and DOE.
- On-call rotation includes additional daily bonus on top of normal compensation.
- Paid time off.
- 100% paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance premiums for Employees. Spouse and dependent children medical and dental premiums paid 50%.
- 401(k) with employer match
- Discounted gym membership for employee and their spouse.
- Training materials for certification training.
- Full-rate mileage reimbursement. Company car provided for most trips.
- Mobile phone stipend.
- Regular 8 AM to 5 PM M-F hours /w lunch and breaks.
- Regular company-paid meals.
- Company provided snacks and beverages.
CONFIDENTIALITY & REFERENCES:
Role involves having access to sensitive internal systems and client systems. Must possess ability to handle clients and their sensitive information with diplomacy and a high degree of confidentiality. Must be able to pass a credit and background check; applicants who reach this stage will be provided an opportunity to explain anything out of the ordinary. Extensive reference follow-up will be conducted. Allixo will require the employee to sign an NDA.
ABOUT APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
The application will take you anywhere from 30-60min to complete. Please wait to apply until you have adequate time to answer the questions contained in the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Thank you for your interest in working at Allixo!
Allixo is an IT outsourcing firm, providing a fully functional IT department to businesses all over the United States. We are focused on serving organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, and large churches.
Allixo isn't a place for everyone, but for those who work here, it's home. We are a family of individuals striving to deliver on our mission of Creating simplicity, clarity, and momentum for our clients, while having fun doing it.
The reason Allixo exists today is to improve the lives of the end users we care for and the companies they work for, and it shows every day. We believe profit is not our objective, but instead the result of consistently delivering value to our clients. We want to work with people who think like we do.
Role: I.T. Field Technician - Tier 1-2
Location: Mount Vernon,
Apply for this job now.