Due to rapid growth and continuous success we are delighted to confirm that we are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to join our Fortem team covering various reactive, planned and project contracts in the North of England.
We are looking for someone to manage the commercial resources across the region to support the Operations Director to deliver their financial and contractual targets.
As the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for all contract administration, ensure we secure all due value and entitlement across all contracts within the region, the preparation of budgets, forecast and monthly cost and value reconciliations and reporting on WIP, debt and capital employed. Client responsibility is fundamental and establishing and maintaining client relationships will be a key part of this role.
• Experience at a senior commercial level
• Understanding common standard contracts and the ability to apply a range of contracts across the commercial team
• Commercially astute
• Disciplined and rigorous in discharging responsibilities at a high level
• Strong negotiating skills
• Suitably IT literate and the ability to engage with company systems
• Experience in securing new business
• Comfortable in preparing information for and presenting at a senior level
• Main contractor background in construction or services
• Academically accredited and professionally qualified in quantity surveying
At Fortem we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. We look for people who:
• Are honest and trustworthy
• Consistently exceed expectations
• Take ownership of tasks and see things through
• Meet deadlines
• Go the extra mile
• Respect and value other ideas Sound like you? If so, come and join Fortem, and become a great ambassador of our business.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including company pension scheme, birthday leave, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, and many more! *Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognise and reward your achievements.
We are Fortem, people who care about fixing and improving thousands of properties across the UK. As a family owned, national property solutions provider, we deliver planned and reactive maintenance, capital investment, refurbishment, reconfiguration, high quality new build programmes and industry-leading energy services expertise. In conjunction with a carefully selected number of partner suppliers and subcontractors we deliver these services to a large number of valued clients across the housing, blue-light, education and care sectors.