COMPANY: CAREER LEGAL LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: Up to £33,000 plus benefits
Our client, an award-winning Patent Specialist Law Firm based near Victoria Station, are currently seeking a Legal Secretary to join their team. This is a 6-month temp to perm position with the opportunity to progress to become a Legal PA.
The role is a Legal Secretary in a thriving IP department assisting Trade Mark lawyers and managing billings. You will undertake a trademark secretarial role with a focus on billing (i.e. client billing for fee earners and they will train you in this role).
As their new Legal Secretary, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with administrative tasks including the filing and acknowledgment of emails, photocopying, scanning and post.
- Providing secretarial support including preparing specification amendments (electronically in Microsoft Word or manual amendments from paper copies), generating standard letters and invoices.
- Audio typing of client letters and specifications.
- Creating, running and amending standard and ad hoc reports in excel.
- Uploading documents to in-house and client specific systems.
Our client is looking for someone who is CILEx qualified with good GCSE grades (C or above in English and Maths), keen to learn and progress. Candidates must have previous Legal Secretary experience from any practice area. Previous billing experience would be an advantage.
Our client welcomes applications from experienced Legal Billers who are looking for a change.
Salary on offer is £28,000 - £33,000 plus benefits, depending on experience.
Start date is ASAP.