The Office Support Specialist is the “face of Hodges-Mace” providing quality support to all office functions as it relates to front desk duties in a positive, proactive manner. These duties are inclusive of greeting guests and employees with exceptional customer care, answering and transferring inbound calls, responding to employee questions, receipt and distribution of mail and packages, taking inventory and ordering office supplies in addition to other clerical and project duties. Other primary duties include supporting executive and client meetings (preparing the conference rooms, ordering and setting up refreshments as requested), handling visitor and employee badges and building access, updating organizational charts and scheduling and managing candidate interviews.
The Office Support Specialist creates a positive first and lasting impression for the organization and this individual serves a pivotal role in the ensuring the smooth operation of daily activity.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- At the front desk, welcome visitors and team members to the office during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm EST)
- Answer the main phone line, directing calls to appropriate team member and/or providing appropriate information as applicable to the call
- Receive and process company mail daily, distributing mail to appropriate team as well as collect and post outgoing mail as requested
- Manage office supplies, including monitoring stock, maintaining storage areas in a clean and professional manner, and reordering as necessary
- Maintain conference rooms, ensuring necessary supplies are available, rooms are presentable and in working order. Partner with business teams to ensure proper reservation and use of rooms for client visits and in-office meetings
- Responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness and presentation of the front lobby area, inclusive of the beverage station used by guests and executive team members
- Maintain break rooms throughout the entire office (stock supplies, empty coffee pots daily, tidy area, etc)
- Assist with document preparation, filing, scanning as requested by the human resources and executive team
- Manage badge procedures for new employees and visitors, partnering with team leaders, IT, HR and property management to ensure timely and accurate preparation
- Assist talent acquisition team with scheduling and managing the candidate interview process, including greeting candidates for their interviews and providing schedule updates to managers (inclusive of calling candidates to confirm interviews, and follow-up if candidate is late to an interview)
- Provide additional support to talent acquisition as needed
- Provides administrative and project support to HR team, including building and maintaining company organization charts and internal communications (TV screen material)
- Coordinates and schedules office activities, including massage schedules, wellness activities and other events offered by the company and/or property management company
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in all duties and responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Strong knowledge and use of grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation in all communication (verbal and written)
- Professional working knowledge of general office procedures and office equipment to include PC, PBX, Copier, Mail Meter, Etc.
- Detail orientation in completing all assigned tasks, including follow-up communication
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities with on-time, effective and professional delivery; inclusive of discerning priorities and escalations as dictated by the needs of the business to expedite resolution
- Proficient with basic office software inclusive of Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Adobe Acrobat)
- Strong organization skills
- Experience with office skills such as filing, scanning and calendar management
Skills & Other Personal Attributes
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn multiple systems
- Team oriented, with collaborative spirit focused on delivery
- Sense of urgency, with desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Conservative, professional appearance and communication
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude
- Actively seeks to assist, with ability to think and act independently to provide an awesome experience to internal and external customers
- Timeliness and dependability, with a sense of ownership in responsibilities and duties
Hodges-Mace is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and is a leading provider of employee benefits communication and custom enrollment services to large U.S. employers.
Founded in 2004, the company’s strategy remains the same: work with fewer, larger clients than our competitors, so that we can dedicate the best resources to each client. Ultimately, our high-touch service philosophy and thorough approach to solving our client’s challenges translate to an exceptional customer service experience.
As a company, our culture shines when it comes to helping in and around our communities. We don’t just encourage our employees to volunteer, we pay them to. Each employee can take two paid days off each year to perform community service. Our company culture values people and relationships above all else, beginning in the workplace and continuing into the areas where we live and play. Our community service efforts are as diverse as our people – from packaging lunches and dinners through Open Hand Atlanta and running BINGO at a homeless women’s shelter to sorting and packing one ton of books for Books for Africa and cleaning up at a local pet rescue – our employees take pride in giving back and we are proud to support them in doing so.
Role: Office Support Specialist
Apply for this job now.