Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Are you a qualified Chef looking for more of a work life balance whilst looking for an opportunity to make what you do matter?
We are currently looking for a Peripatetic Chef to join the Barchester family to help support our care homes in and around our South Division. Great opportunity to help support several teams and homes in delivering high quality fresh food.
Here at the Barchester family, we work with an open, honest, supportive approach, where quality of care is at the heart of everything we do. As sector leading healthcare experts, we are proud to have the highest quality ratings across our 224 homes and hospitals across the UK.
It is an exciting time to consider joining the Barchester family. We had the pleasure to welcome on board 24 new homes from an exciting acquisition in the early part of 2020, and we also have one of the fastest growing new build programmes aiming to open 10 brand new purpose-built homes per year.
Barchester are also very proud to be the only healthcare provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for.
• A personable approach with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of residents
• A good understanding of nutrition
• Experience of working with fresh seasonal food
• NVQs/SVQs or City&Guilds equivalent
• Up to date food hygiene
• Ability to create a warm and welcoming environment within our home
• Confidence engaging with residents
• Strong kitchen management skills
• Work life balance - working days with alternate weekends
• Competitive rate of pay + travel costs
• Automatic enrolment into our profit share scheme
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
• Opportunity to showcase your talent at the annual Barchester Hospitality Awards
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme
If you are a passionate chef who is keen to be part of a company that centres on celebrating life and making a difference, Barchester is the place to be.