Company: MCKENZIE DOUGLAS LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, PartTime
New York qualified lawyer is sought for market leading multi-national group. Dual qualified with a UK jurisdiction would be even more attractive.
Working as part of a global legal team based in North West England but supporting the business grow it’s American market. You will work as either a Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel in a varied commercial role. The work is of a very high quality and complex.
- You will give practical legal advice to key stakeholders on business as usual and project matters
- Advice is both legal and commercial in nature
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts (IP, supply, procurement, confidentiality, JVs etc)
- Advice on specialist matters such as Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Management of disputes
- You may also be required to provide support regarding M&A transactions and ad hoc legal issues
- New York qualified lawyer with at least 2 years post qualification experience, although considerably more will also be of interest*
- Our client is open minded as to the specialism and background of applicants due to the broad nature of the role and will train new recruits accordingly. You may be working in a contentious or non-contentious environment, however experience in complex, high value commercial contracts is essential
- In-house experience is an advantage but not necessary. Secondments or experience working with large, multinational clients, and projects is definitely a benefit
- Multi jurisdiction exposure would be beneficial
- A willingness to learn and develop in new areas of law is important
- You must be confident, robust and commercially astute
Our client will consider flexible working including significant home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel.
If you are interested in this In-House Legal Counsel role, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV, to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.