SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Marketing Coordinator will work on specific clients’ business with particular emphasis on the coordination of database, pitch lists and presentation materials in an effort to keep an ongoing and open communication with existing and potential clients/partners. Will learn the skills to become a Promotions executive with training in pitching, presentations, creative and other abilities pertinent to the Promotions field.
1. New Business Development support including creation of pitch materials, cold calling and meeting planning.
2. Research potential partners and participate in team brainstorms to identify suitable brands for potential programs.
3. Update multiple reports as needed including but not limited to weekly status reports, marketing calendar and decks.
4. Work with team to develop and maintain numerous databases, including files, promotional contact lists and promotional archives.
5. Assist in preparing materials for trade show events; typically 2-3 trade shows per year.
6. Route creative through internal departments.
7. Work with Director, VP or SVP to manage divisional calendar, meetings, travel and more for a specific piece of business.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
1+ year of business experience.
Previous promotions experience a must.
Previous customer service such as restaurant waiter, front desk, retail or other preferred.
Previous entertainment experience preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
College degree required.
Typing at 50wpm.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Knowledge of: Fortune 500 and packaged goods companies preferred.
Must have knowledge of file set-up, maintenance, filing procedures, basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, English usage, and report & letter formats.
Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
Must be able to work well under time constraints in a fast paced environment.
Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
Must be able to work independently.
Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, when necessary.
Role: Marketing Promotions Coordinator
Apply for this job now.