COMPANY: STECCONS TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
JOB TYPE: Contract, FullTime
Years of Experience:
8-11 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- This position will work closely with the lead Developer for Lottery who will lead and direct all work. May be working with other team members that include various levels of Developers.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Evaluates user request for new or modified program to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities. Consults with lead Developer to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives. Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program, using methodologies such as structured analysis and design or object-oriented development.
- Writing detailed documentation including but not limited to: System Documentation, Standard Operating Procedures, System Design, Workflow diagrams, Dataflow diagrams. Reviewing documentation with IT staff to ensure knowledge sharing and standardization.
- Work involves assisting in analyzing systems outlines to develop programs for computer applications, writing solution programs, documenting the methods and procedures used in program development, and testing and correcting programs. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Develops block diagrams and machine logic flowcharts to represent operations and data flow for applications.
- Captures requirements using State of Michigan standard development frameworks and tools. Designs reports, forms and letters. Reviews screens, reports, forms and letters designs with users. Converts project specifications, using industry standard tools, such as object-oriented tools and code generation, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Enters commands into computer to run and test program. Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors. Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors. Analyzes, reviews and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. May use computer-aided software tools in each stage of system development. May monitor performance of program after implementation. May specialize in developing programs for business or technical applications.
- provided by Dice